Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th August 2018, 11:14   #1
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts
Default Car Insurance & Cashback

Just a heads-up for those that don't already know, or don't take advantage of the cashback sites.

When buying your car, home, house insurance etc etc, why not go through the cashback sites to get back some of your hard earned money.

I've just been paid back £100 on two insurance policies which were taken out in May this year, my wife got back £50 making her policy £150, and I also received £50 back which has made my policy just £80 for the whole year.

I have done this now for the past 4 years, the highest cashback I have been paid was £70, so it is really worth doing. Cashback is normally paid within a few months, to safeguard cancellations etc.

Its free to join these cashback sites, you dont get spam mail, nothing untoward, its all above board... even Martin Lewis recommends this is the way to shop.

QUIDCO

TOP CASH BACK
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2018, 12:56   #2
ratchet
Posted a thing or two

ZT-T + CTDI

I used them whenever possible when I lived in the UK. As well as car and house insurance I also had some good deals on broadband and utilities.

I used to run the quotes via the cashback sites, and then run them through the comparison sites just to make completely sure I was getting the best deal.
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2018, 14:12   #3
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
I used them whenever possible when I lived in the UK. As well as car and house insurance I also had some good deals on broadband and utilities.

I used to run the quotes via the cashback sites, and then run them through the comparison sites just to make completely sure I was getting the best deal.
That's the way to do it?
Old 16th August 2018, 14:26   #4
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

I stopped TCB, a couple of years ago. It became a load of hassle, constantly having to chase up ever decreasing amounts of money. I'd forgotten totally about those cashback sites till I saw this thread.

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2018, 14:58   #5
Vossy
Why? ...

MG ZT+ Cdti Auto saloon.

I have given up on TCB too, three years ago I was a regular user and took out a policy with an insurance company which gave £77 cash back, okay the wait was 4 months but it would be worth it, except that no money was forthcoming and when I complained TCB looked into it and said that the merchant no longer participated in the scheme ......
I removed my details from the sites and found that by going to a local broker and shopping around I could save more money to start with rather than wait for almost half a year to get something back that I had already paid out, no thank you!
Glad it works for you though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2018, 15:26   #6
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vossy View Post
I have given up on TCB too, three years ago I was a regular user and took out a policy with an insurance company which gave £77 cash back, okay the wait was 4 months but it would be worth it, except that no money was forthcoming and when I complained TCB looked into it and said that the merchant no longer participated in the scheme ......
I removed my details from the sites and found that by going to a local broker and shopping around I could save more money to start with rather than wait for almost half a year to get something back that I had already paid out, no thank you!
Glad it works for you though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have never used TopCashBack, only Quidco, and haven't had any issues. Even when I have had to put in a claim when a transaction failed to track, Quidco quickly sorted it and paid up in the given time frame.

The system is there to be used, if you use the format correctly it will pay off. I have just checked my account and can happily say I have cashed in £600 over the past four years, that's money I would have never got back if I didn't take advantage of the system.

You can earn money when shopping for your groceries, clothes, homewares, on pretty much everything. You don't pay any more for said product or products, this is where some people get put off, they read into things and put 2 & 2 together and come up with 5.

When it comes to buying insurance, use the comparison sites first, then use Quidco and you will find its a no brainer not to go through Quidco. Most comparison sites such as Go-Compare are also on Quidco, so if you get a insurance quote via Go-Compare and decide to take it out, make sure you go via Quidco first and you will earn yourself at least £25 for doing so, there's no catch, no fee's, its your money back in your pocket.

Go-Compare's current offer is HERE...

But if you go via Quidco first, you will most probably find the insurance provider is offering double the cashback, more than likely £50 cashback.

Aviva is currently offering £60 cashback HERE...

I received £70 cashback when taking out RAC breakdown cover, its money I would have never seen if I didn't use Quidco. The policy cost's are still the same, you still use the merchants site (RAC), you just need to use the merchants link (RAC) via Quidco first.

RAC current offers, upto £130 HERE...

AA offers, upto £130 HERE...

Last edited by Dallas; 16th August 2018 at 15:38..
Old 16th August 2018, 15:51   #7
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

I think if you are after a certain brand/name then you can get a discount. However if you aren't it can be cheaper to go to a smaller name and get it for even less.
Breakdown cover is a good example, you can get cover cheaper with the smaller companies, even with cashback sites. And there's no waiting for money back, however if you specifically want to go with a certain company then it makes sense.

Old 16th August 2018, 16:06   #8
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by topman View Post
I think if you are after a certain brand/name then you can get a discount. However if you aren't it can be cheaper to go to a smaller name and get it for even less.
Breakdown cover is a good example, you can get cover cheaper with the smaller companies, even with cashback sites. And there's no waiting for money back, however if you specifically want to go with a certain company then it makes sense.
I have to disagree.

For example: Brand name being RAC, I bought breakdown cover with all the perks, cost £100. I went via Quidco and just 4 months later the RAC paid me back £70, that means my £100 cover with all the benefits cost me just £30. There is no way a small firm would be able to match the £30 cost and still offer the same benefits, impossible.
Old 16th August 2018, 16:10   #9
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Maybe I've been unlucky, but honestly that's been my experience. My and the OH got our cars' breakdown for 100 quid last year. Even with all the cashback offers none of the big names came close. Perhaps it's a matter of timing.

Old 16th August 2018, 16:25   #10
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by topman View Post
Maybe I've been unlucky, but honestly that's been my experience. My and the OH got our cars' breakdown for 100 quid last year. Even with all the cashback offers none of the big names came close. Perhaps it's a matter of timing.
Like I said, the wife and I received our £100 cashback today for taking out a AA and a Aviva policy, its a nice surprise when it arrives because normally you have forgotten about it.

Once you become familiar with cashback and how it works, your views will change, trust me. If any errors are made, its normally user error, just make sure you follow the merchants T&C's.

Pretty much all retailers are now signed up to Quidco, you cant argue with many thousands of happy customers can you? I would advise watching Martin Lewis on a morning, some helpful tips and clever ways of saving some big bucks...