Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd December 2018, 22:39   #1
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Default Wakened from sleep

Not feeling too great so I decided to get to bed early tonight.
Right on 10.00 there was a loud bang which wakened me and I rose from the pillow but heard nothing else.
10 minutes later the phone rang and it was my neighbor enquiring what was happening outside my house.

I got up and was shocked to see 6 Police cars, a Fire Engine and further down two Ambulances sitting all with blue lights on.

Two doors down, there’s a white car lying in the garden smashed up and rather a lot of activity going on around it.

Don’t know if it’s related but there was a boy racer going up & down earlier. I guess I find out in the morning.
There were no sirens going off only masses of blue lights which I’m surprised I didn’t see from my bedroom.
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2018, 05:51   #2
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Doesn't sound too good, I hope there were no casualties
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2018, 06:49   #3
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Wow, hope everybody is fine, your property has not been damaged and any villain, sorted.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2018, 10:12   #4
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

In the light of day it’s carnage down the street. The Police had it closed off until at least 5.00am when I was last up for a wee.
Earlier on last evening I heard a car racing up and down, it sounded more like a motorbike with the noise but apparently it’s the same one and driven by a local “known” lad who is currently banned.
Says it all, but two of the neighbours concrete coping stones are ripped off the entire length of their gardens and a third garden has its fence destroyed.
I haven’t heard about the clown as yet but he was conscious when taken away.
It’s quite amazing to see the coping stones which have carried the energy the length of two large gardens.
Two of them were lying on the road last night and someone thought it was a body but I said if it had been a body it would have been covered up.
At the end of the day I doubt if it will be the last time this happens. A few years back a car crashed right up against the house which has now lost the fence.

Yet the Police do nothing, when we complained about speeding traffic in the street they said they had monitored it and there was no significant speeding, perhaps they might have a re think as I’ve said for years, is it going to take for someone to be killed before something is done.
I’ve been overtaken on two occasions when I’ve slowed down to the 30mph limit entering the village.
Old 3rd December 2018, 11:10   #5
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

There was an idiot on a off road bike scrambler bike tearing up & down the service road at the back of our house at gone 10:00pm last night for around 30 minutes. the speed & noise was unbelievable

I have no idea who or why he was riding like a manic on the service road It's a dead end and not like he was keeping off the public roads because of police, we ain't seen any of those around here in many a year since the cuts.

I checked the CCTV recorder this morning to playback the footage and all you could see was a spiders web glare across the camera lens (now cleaned off)

The speed limits here off the main road are 20mph and if you slow down to that speed you get headlights flashed at you and their horn sounded

It really is ridiculous the standard of driving from these devil may care drivers.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2018, 12:48   #6
Vossy
Why? ...

MG ZT+ Cdti Auto saloon.

These idiots always walk away unscathed, the systems idea of dealing with a banned driver is to ban him some more ... wtf!
My opinions are very strong so I won't post them but most on here will probably agree with me.

Glad your house was okay this time Jim.
Vossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2018, 17:44   #7
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

Don't know if you seen my post about similar incident, i took photo of car with the 4 wheels up against a house opposite,driver standing by the side of it with a bottle that flew out of the car. He carried on drinking until police arrived.Police asked me for copy of photo for evidence. When he was in police car he got out and ran away,but was soon caught.
The end result was case thrown out of court,due to lack of evidence.The 2 others are my neighbours who said he got back into car to try and drive it off house. They were not called to give evidence.

P1000703 by john barry, on Flickr
3,021 of 4,744 Connie SE
239 of 1.685 Platinum Gold.
"Maralyn": Platinum Blonde,Troublesome,Unpredictable.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2018, 19:48   #8
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Yes I remember reading that post, what an idiot going to all that trouble just to change the oil & filter.

Should have gone to Halfords, at least they wouldn’t have dented his car.
Old 4th December 2018, 20:09   #9
wullie480
This is my second home

Thanked 1,022 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jamieson View Post
In the light of day it’s carnage down the street. The Police had it closed off until at least 5.00am when I was last up for a wee.
Earlier on last evening I heard a car racing up and down, it sounded more like a motorbike with the noise but apparently it’s the same one and driven by a local “known” lad who is currently banned.
Says it all, but two of the neighbours concrete coping stones are ripped off the entire length of their gardens and a third garden has its fence destroyed.
I haven’t heard about the clown as yet but he was conscious when taken away.
It’s quite amazing to see the coping stones which have carried the energy the length of two large gardens.
Two of them were lying on the road last night and someone thought it was a body but I said if it had been a body it would have been covered up.
At the end of the day I doubt if it will be the last time this happens. A few years back a car crashed right up against the house which has now lost the fence.

Yet the Police do nothing, when we complained about speeding traffic in the street they said they had monitored it and there was no significant speeding, perhaps they might have a re think as I’ve said for years, is it going to take for someone to be killed before something is done.
I’ve been overtaken on two occasions when I’ve slowed down to the 30mph limit entering the village.
Witnessed the carnage on the way past to work this afternoon must have been some mess, One of the fellas at work said he was trying to get away from the police when the accident happened as there was several reports about his driving that night.

Been overtook myself a few times going in and out the village by those who don't want to do 30mph on that stretch of road.
Old 4th December 2018, 23:46   #10
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Yes the Police were in the vicinity looking for him but he was not being chased by them. The Police appeared on scene several minutes after the accident.