Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 12th May 2019, 07:53   #21
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Good for him

As his nearest dealer, a mere 100 mile round trip, couldn't guarantee to have the part as well as the update, nor the dealer in Durham, again a little over 200 miles from his home and back.

Brian
That’s my stumbling block, it’d be around a 200 mile road trip for me. MG has promised a Dealer in Inverness and it was in the local paper that it was impending but that was eight years ago. MG will put a demonstrator up to Arnold Clark and you can buy one but they can’t do the service work. A very very poor show by MG
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2019, 08:06   #22
humphshumphs
I really should get out more.......

No longer a Rover Owner

Location: As far east as you can go in the UK and not get wet feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les4048 View Post
That’s my stumbling block, it’d be around a 200 mile road trip for me. MG has promised a Dealer in Inverness and it was in the local paper that it was impending but that was eight years ago. MG will put a demonstrator up to Arnold Clark and you can buy one but they can’t do the service work. A very very poor show by MG
But surely, unless the dealer is MG owned, it's down to someone else purchasing the dealer franchise?

I know when my wife purchased her ZS, the dealer had only just got the dealership and now a year down the line, there were a couple of issues regarding the servicing, but a couple of phone calls to the sales manager and things are sorted.

He did say that the issue is MG not being consistent and some parts of the UK business not talking to other parts etc., but you get this with lots of businesses.

People will hate them as they are Chinese built & owned, but if we were all the same, life would be boring. I think the fact that the UK is a very small market for MG is one reason that they are produced in China and shipped here.

The bottom line is, my wife loves her ZS, so that means I am happy

No longer a 75 owner as my tourer made it to the moon, and died on it's way back. But 1/4 million miles ain't bad.
humphshumphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2019, 08:15   #23
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by humphshumphs View Post

People will hate them as they are Chinese built & owned, but if we were all the same, life would be boring. I think the fact that the UK is a very small market for MG is one reason that they are produced in China and shipped here.

The bottom line is, my wife loves her ZS, so that means I am happy
That sums it up nicely.

For me, they look like nice enough cars in the same way as some of the other far-eastern cars. For this reason, they are not for me despite having an MG dealership - Kerridges of Needham Market - just 2 miles from my house. I just do not find modern far-eastern styles attractive.

I would rather have a French design as they are Chic.
MSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2019, 08:16   #24
victorgte

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

As the MG sales Manager told Mike, he can get it serviced anywhere as long as original parts are used.

He lives just 4 houses away from me so I'm sure I will get plenty of feedback on his new purchase.

Hopfully I can update this thread every year with some positive news?
Old 12th May 2019, 08:19   #25
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

[QUOTE=ricardo65;2733170]
Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post

Morning bri have you any more information on what the symptoms were please

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk
There we’re issues of a hesitation whilst driving at around 50 mph on light throttle. There was a software update and a modified cam sensor but this was for the manual ZS only. There are also reported issues with the newest stop start cars stalling and I believe there has been a software update released last week to sort this, again manual cars only

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle

Last edited by sworks; 12th May 2019 at 08:26..
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2019, 08:21   #26
humphshumphs

No longer a Rover Owner

Location: As far east as you can go in the UK and not get wet feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post

I would rather have a French design as they are Chic.
Can't agree more.... But the I do own a Peugeot now

No longer a 75 owner as my tourer made it to the moon, and died on it's way back. But 1/4 million miles ain't bad.
humphshumphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2019, 08:23   #27
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
the British public for not buying the cars and the successive UK governments for having no interest in supporting British engineering/manufacturing industry. IMO this is where the responsibility lies.

BMW did with Rover what any business would have done with an unwanted/undesirable complex- retain the valuable parts and get rid of the rest.

The Pheonix Four took on what was probably the most difficulty job in British industrial history and provided quality engineering jobs for a large number of people for a number of years. The amounts they "pocketed" are not large by car industry not general top-level management roles in the UK. They sacrificed the prospect of having any realistic chance of long-term careers in management in the process.
Pretty much my opinion too

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
Old 12th May 2019, 08:25   #28
ricardo65
This is my second home

mgzt cdti 160.mgzt 1.8t mg6 1.8t

Thanked 1,652 Times in 969 Posts

[QUOTE=sworks;2733179]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardo65 View Post

There we’re issues of a hesitation whilst driving at around 50 mph on light throttle. There was a software update and a modified cam sensor but this was for the manual ZS only. There are also reported issues with the newest stop start cars stalling and I believe there has been a software update released last week to sort this.
Thanks this explains alot of the issues my dad is having with his been back to the dealer but said as yet there was no software updates available did it also cut out when braking to a stop

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=213906
ricardo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2019, 08:32   #29
sworks
Been absent for a while…

[QUOTE=ricardo65;2733182]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post

Thanks this explains alot of the issues my dad is having with his been back to the dealer but said as yet there was no software updates available did it also cut out when braking to a stop

I have read about cars stalling as they are setting off rather than when actually stopping so possibly. Reading online some people are saying that they have had the update and others saying it’s not available to their dealers which is a little confusing

Old 12th May 2019, 08:37   #30
ricardo65
This is my second home

mgzt cdti 160.mgzt 1.8t mg6 1.8t

Thanked 1,652 Times in 969 Posts

[QUOTE=sworks;2733185]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardo65 View Post

I have read about cars stalling as they are setting off rather than when actually stopping so possibly. Reading online some people are saying that they have had the update and others saying it’s not available to their dealers which is a little confusing
Well it's booked into maple garage on Thursday so hopefully will get all the niggles sorted apart from that the car drives and performs lovely

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=213906
ricardo65 is offline   Reply With Quote