Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

View Poll Results: How did you hear about the 75 and ZT Club?
I got a club flyer on my car 15 0.83%
Internet search 1,445 79.75%
Linked from another website 169 9.33%
Word of mouth / recommendation 244 13.47%
Press Ganged 11 0.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1812. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26th October 2023, 13:11   #761
CharlieCavalier1992

Rover 75 Saloon 1.8T

I have decoded it using the guide on the site

2003, Longbridge car

Can you find out more? I was just curious why the logbook doesnt say 75
CharlieCavalier1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2023, 13:39   #762
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

My logbook says the same, variant LP, version 03B, reebs can get you the data such as when it came off the line etc.
https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=58273
Sent from my SM-A145R using Tapatalk

Last edited by suzublu; 26th October 2023 at 14:01..
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2024, 18:40   #763
vite

rover 75 saloon

Default Totally grateful to all of you

Hello to all.

Forgive me if my English is very bad, as I am using a translator to write here.

I have a rover 75 CDTI 131 diesel since 2009 that I bought in Spain, with such bad luck that when I bought it, shortly after, I had an engine problem in one of the cylinders.

The previous owner hid the problem from me. In the end I had to install the complete engine in an official workshop, which was better value than the repair. From that moment on I started a kind of love story with him.

I read countless forums everywhere until I came to yours. It must be said that here, in Spain, the valuation of this wonderful car is very bad according to all those who call themselves professional mechanics and that there is no support in networks like the one you do about it.

Since then, without knowing anything about mechanics, and reading your contributions, I can say that not only have I saved a huge amount of euros, but I can almost say that this rover is like an extension of me.

I have learned details of it, I repeat, through your contributions and my many readings, in addition to the famous Haynes manual, which is truly amazing how you, the English, know how to build vehicles unlike, for example, with what they do here in Spain and the lack of information they offer to users.

I just want to thank you for your work which is incredible.

P.D: I don't know if I can send a photo here, but I'll try.

vite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2024, 19:11   #764
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by vite View Post
Hello to all.

I have a rover 75 CDTI 131 diesel since 2009 that I bought in Spain, with such bad luck that when I bought it, shortly after, I had an engine problem in one of the cylinders.

The previous owner hid the problem from me. In the end I had to install the complete engine in an official workshop, which was better value than the repair. From that moment on I started a kind of love story with him.

I read countless forums everywhere until I came to yours. It must be said that here, in Spain, the valuation of this wonderful car is very bad according to all those who call themselves professional mechanics and that there is no support in networks like the one you do about it.

Since then, without knowing anything about mechanics, and reading your contributions, I can say that not only have I saved a huge amount of euros, but I can almost say that this rover is like an extension of me.

I have learned details of it, I repeat, through your contributions and my many readings, in addition to the famous Haynes manual, which is truly amazing how you, the English, know how to build vehicles unlike, for example, with what they do here in Spain and the lack of information they offer to users.

Welcome to the fountain of knowledge concerning our cars. Ask as many questions as you want in the various sections. We have plenty of experts.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2024, 09:59   #765
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vite View Post
Hello to all.

Good to have you along!

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 10th March 2024, 16:51   #766
Dave47

none at the moment

Although not a Rover 75 owner, yet,
I am an old school Rover fan having owned in the seventies 2 x P4s
a 60 and 100, and then in the eighties a P5b saloon,
in between 79 and today around 8 Land Rover models, ranging from a V8 Hybrid I built myself through series 2,3, 90, Range Rover Classic, Discovery 2 and now the Freelander 2,

I've always admired the body design of the rover 75 Saloon with the classic lines sweeping through the rear wings,

My one concern is that maybe having owned so many LR's that my wife and I will find a saloon to low down for our use! (both in our late seventies)
Dave47 is offline   Reply With Quote