Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th September 2020, 20:39   #1
Harmie10

Rover 75 saloon

Default Heater blower fan

Hi all I need a little advice, I have just got my 75 up and running again after being left idle for a couple of years due to me having a stroke. I bought a new battery connected it up turned on the ignition all the appropriate lights came on, then the moment of truth with car in park I turned the ignition key and voila she started perfectly. I was that elated I welled up, no shame there I love my car. I then allowed it to warm up while I fiddled with the android head unit wiring, see naval head unit in I.CE for explanation. After faffing around withe radio I decided to test the lights all ok with one exception a loose connection causing the warning light to come on, no problem I had this issue before. By this time the car was up to temperature so I cranked up the heat turned on the blower and got the shock of my life, well second shock actually, but moving on, it sounded like a bag of marbles was being bounced around inside the fan. So I turned it off. Wipeace restored I pulled out my trusty Haynes manual, joke ha ha to look up how to change the blower fan. Well I'm none the wiser.

My point of this post is to ask for help and advice to best resolving this problem. PLEASE how do I change the blower fan.

Apologies for the long winded post, but I was so impressed the car started first time I wanted to share that information. I was chuffed to bits when it fired up! Anyway all hell and advice will be gratefully appreciated thank you. Oh and the radio issue not fixed it seems there is an internal wiring problem associated to the rear camer plug. Works when I plug in the front plug how bizarre

Yours in Rover bewildered Peter 🤔🤔
Harmie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2020, 21:00   #2
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Firstly, remove the pollen filter and have a look inside, make sure nothing has got inside the fan while the car has been laid up (Dead mouse etc)

If you have to change the fan motor, you will have to drop the pedal box out and remove the knuckle joint on the base of the steering column, move the column out of the way to allow the fan and motor past.

Three bolts and one plug and the fan will come out.

Last edited by trikey; 17th September 2020 at 21:02..
trikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2020, 20:29   #3
Harmie10

Rover 75 saloon

Default Heater blower fan

Many thanks Trickey for your reply it's greatly appreciated sadly I'm not physically able to do this particular job myself (semi paralysed down left side) so my local mechanic can have the pleasure after he has not tested it for me. Do you recommend a reliable supplier for the blower fan if I need one?

I can manage to remove the pollen filter etc and look around, there is definitely evidence of rodent activity under the bonnet the little ba,,,,,,,,,,s have chewed away the sound proofing materials the swine but I'll keep a happy face for now.

Many thanks again🍺
Harmie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2020, 09:54   #4
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmie10 View Post
Many thanks Trickey for your reply it's greatly appreciated sadly I'm not physically able to do this particular job myself (semi paralysed down left side) so my local mechanic can have the pleasure after he has not tested it for me. Do you recommend a reliable supplier for the blower fan if I need one?

I can manage to remove the pollen filter etc and look around, there is definitely evidence of rodent activity under the bonnet the little ba,,,,,,,,,,s have chewed away the sound proofing materials the swine but I'll keep a happy face for now.

Many thanks again🍺

I just fit a good used fan, I have not found a cheap enough source for a new one I’m afraid, Mickyboy on here might have one.