Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th April 2024, 20:34   #1
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts
Default Oh Heck!

........................... and so it begins....................... to spread!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68810053
Old 14th April 2024, 09:24   #2
bigblue75
older not wiser

75 Tourer

Default BBC impartiality

You forgot to mention that other news providers are available
bigblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2024, 12:02   #3
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblue75 View Post
You forgot to mention that other news providers are available
At least, this time, it is actual news and not just speculation! Assuming that we can believe what we are told!
Old 14th April 2024, 16:29   #4
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

How about getting the potholes sorted rather than sending the RAF somewhere it has no business being

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2024, 17:53   #5
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
How about getting the potholes sorted rather than sending the RAF somewhere it has no business being
Understand the sentiment. Not nice what happened last October but it is not our circus and not our monkeys. Not saying that we should return the kindness that we received in 1982 and before but I would much rather that the specials were blatting drones etc. that are inbound to Ukraine.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2024, 18:59   #6
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
but I would much rather that the specials were blatting drones etc. that are inbound to Ukraine.
We probably would be if our big brother the US was there doing the same and told us to.The infrastructure of these isle's is on its knee's but we can find the money to get involved in far off places in things that don't concern us.Meanwhile the road network is crumbling from top to bottom of the country,you can't get an NHS dentist and there are 7M people waiting for NHS treatment.Some urgently.Just think we've got our priorities all wrong when it comes to spending PUBLIC money.

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2024, 08:19   #7
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Couldn’t agree more Mick. Mind you, when you look at a globe of the World and do a squint to see ‘us’, it’s amazing how we did, and still do, it.

With a fraction of our former mighty presence, currently overrun with incomers apparently needing shelter, and a bunch of self-seekers with one hand on the tiller and the other in the money pit, we have become an offshore island in the pockets of the movers and shakers.

Still the best place to be though. After all, we are actually four nations in one with four decidedly disparate governments. It’s a miracle!
Old 16th April 2024, 12:59   #8
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
You can't get an NHS dentist ... we've got our priorities all wrong when it comes to spending PUBLIC money.
I began to feel pain from a tooth over the last weekend, probing with my tongue I might now have a cavity at the rear of a molar after losing a fragment of tooth from it. While the pain and discomfort are still bearable I decided to ring my NHS dentist yesterday to book an appointment - I'm NHS but I have to pay for it. I was aware that the waiting time had gradually grown over the last couple of decades to circa one month which is what I was expecting. I remember when it was just a day or two but over time that became a week or so followed by weeks. By the time of my last appointment, which was sometime last year, it was circa one month.

I stood gobsmacked when yesterday the receptionist said August is looking like the earliest appointment. That is over four months away, said I. Wait a minute, said she, how about the end of July. All dentists at the practice are apparently giving similar waiting times so reluctantly I had to settle on a wait of three and a half months.

Last edited by WillyHeckaslike; 16th April 2024 at 13:10.. Reason: Month Corrected to July.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2024, 15:34   #9
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

People talk about government spending the money on anything but what the people actually think the money is for. That’s because they see different priorities taking precedence over home-grown public needs. That's because they are in hock to other masters that have more influence than any home-grown necessities.

Better vast funds to build goods that yield favourable returns for vague benefit from a foreign investor than look after what we see as more pressing matters. Governments of all colours see very different purpose than what we might expect. They, to an extent, are corrupt and corrupting.
Old 16th April 2024, 15:53   #10
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

My own experience of dentists NHS is very good, emergency treatment is treated as such and no problem with checkups and scheduled treatment. I am of the opinion A.there many lazy,inefficient and greedy people in dentistry in general ripoff merchants-either that or B. you lot are a moaning lot of gits who always think you should be at the front of the queue. I go for A. Chris.S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote