Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 17th September 2020, 20:35   #11
Mean & Green
Regular poster

MG ZR

Look at it this way, you’ve spent quite a chunk on it already - so why not go the whole hog? Once it’s done, it’s done.

Just think a regular service and a set of brakes on some cars would cost more than what your car has.

A few monthly payments on a newer car would soon go well over what you’ve spent keeping yours going.

I’ve only had my ZT-T three months and I’ve had quite a lot of niggles. Once they are all sorted, I’m ticking them off one by one. I’ll then have a sorted car which is more pretty and more fun than the current trend of bland jacked up boxes out there these days and still hasn’t cost a fraction of what they would.
Mean & Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2020, 23:17   #12
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ched View Post
You might have the wrong knob fitted Derrick
I know one doesnt fit the other properly.

When I had my clutch changed on the derv Chris said I should think about replacing the cables as the joints were quite worn.
Could be wrong, or even worse faulty/broken It happened a couple of weeks after I got the car, bit of paper on the top of the stick, press the gear knob on and its been fine since, that's a little over 7 years now. I do have a spare knob somewhere though, always handy to have a spare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
I bought some of these a couple of years back. I cannot remember how I confirmed their suitability, apart from fitting them and it worked.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gearbox-G.../202676077064?

Clearly it was a lot cheaper and easier to fit.
Damn! Wish I'd seen that before I ordered the cables! Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean & Green View Post
Look at it this way, you’ve spent quite a chunk on it already - so why not go the whole hog? Once it’s done, it’s done.

Just think a regular service and a set of brakes on some cars would cost more than what your car has.

A few monthly payments on a newer car would soon go well over what you’ve spent keeping yours going.

I’ve only had my ZT-T three months and I’ve had quite a lot of niggles. Once they are all sorted, I’m ticking them off one by one. I’ll then have a sorted car which is more pretty and more fun than the current trend of bland jacked up boxes out there these days and still hasn’t cost a fraction of what they would.
Yea, I can't knock it really. In the first 5 years I owned it, it needed very little, a clutch, a wheel bearing and I think that was about it. The last 2 years its started to need a fair bit more, but it is now 16 and a half years old. Just a kick in the teeth as I'd just got a bonus at work and had set my sights on refurbing the 11 spokes and insulating my shed ready for the winter. But that's on the back burner again now.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote