Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd August 2011, 21:07   #1
Stoperton

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Analogue to Digital TV?

Is it possible to buy a converter to allow the Highline factory fitted units to receive digital TV? What unit/fittings are required please?
Stoperton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2011, 12:53   #2
James C
Regular poster

MG ZT 260 SE

About a £400 (if you can find one second hand) Hybrid Digital/Analogue BMW Tuner module to replace the Analogue one you'll have now

It is a direct swap with no adaptors needed though, which is "nice" lol
James C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2011, 22:39   #3
eurorover
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Get a 12v digi box from ebay for 40 - 100 quit and you can use it on the Av input
eurorover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2011, 21:15   #4
SeeBee

Rover 75 Tourer

Hi Wyn. I know you've posted quite a few replies on this topic, as I'm trying to change my Highline TV to digital and I've been searching the forum. You're probably fed up with telling us individually how to go digital so can you post an idiot's guide?
I've got the twin aerial digibox you recommended.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-TV-TUNER-DVB-T-freeview-DIGITAL-RECEIVER-BOX-200KM-/190578949842?pt=UK_ConEle_SatCableFreeview_RL&hash =item2c5f63fed2
I'm puzzled as to how to connect it to the existing system. I'd hoped the AV input to the car's TV module would be RCA connectors but it's not so simple! The Rover TV module has 2 multi-plugs, one blue and one white, but no other connections. How do I connect the output from the digibox to the AV input on the car's TV module? Since we no longer get analogue signals here, do I need to keep the Rover TV module or can I by-pass it completely? I assume that the power supply to the new digibox can be piggybacked from the supply to the existing module - which colours do I need to connect?
Sorry for barrage of questions, perhaps we can nail it here for once and for all.
SeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2011, 21:18   #5
whitevanman
This is my second home

2001 Connie SE CDT, 2002 2.0Petrol Laguna SportHatch

I'm going this route, did you get stung for import stuff?? or did it come via a UK source..

Car: Connie SE CDT Manual, Mods: O-Rings, Silicon intercooler hose, Stainless EGR Bypass, BMW PCV Mod, 160 Upgrade, DD Unit, Projector Headlights, Powerflex Bottom Mount, Remote Clutch reservoir, SS Compensator; Inline Stat To Come: cat gut (when replacing iffy section). Meteors after refurb..
whitevanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2011, 21:30   #6
suffolk boy
This is my second home

fiat panda

you need a adaptor lead which plugs into your tv box which will then give you the plugs for the freeview box i got mine from toys in your car.about thirty quid to you or if you a dab hand with a soldering iron you can make your own.stocktake has how to do it on here somwhere.all you need then is a power feed for the freeveiw box and place the remote control transmitter somewhere will it will work
Old 29th September 2011, 21:39   #7
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffolk boy View Post
you need a adaptor lead which plugs into your tv box which will then give you the plugs for the freeview box i got mine from toys in your car.about thirty quid to you or if you a dab hand with a soldering iron you can make your own.stocktake has how to do it on here somwhere.all you need then is a power feed for the freeveiw box and place the remote control transmitter somewhere will it will work
Link for the adaptor lead mentioned if it's of any help:-

http://www.toysinyourcar.com/acatalog/rov_av.html
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2011, 21:45   #8
suffolk boy
This is my second home

fiat panda

thats the one jimbo did i see you stopped outside bury st eds on the way back from flixton ?you if it was you .they about to pop the bonnet hope all was well could not turn around on the dual road way
Old 30th September 2011, 00:45   #9
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffolk boy View Post
thats the one jimbo did i see you stopped outside bury st eds on the way back from flixton ?you if it was you .they about to pop the bonnet hope all was well could not turn around on the dual road way
Yes it was me, I'd just remembered I'd not clipped the drivers side plenum cover back in after showing Bill with the second black 260 where the heater control valve was located. Luckilly it was still there and just needed replacing properly.
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 06:13   #10
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Here you go for pin outs on the tuner, make the lead yourself and save £30

remember the input only has the capability of mono.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...61&postcount=9

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote