Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 & ZT Gallery
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd June 2023, 22:59   #21
Maxfly
Loves to post

MG ZT 190 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
Looks a good job Gary,not one of the easier tasks so I'm told.

I have the same issue on my facelift 45.I haven't heard of it happening with other marks,maybe the glue used at the factory not the best.Then again you don't see many cars almost 20 years old still being used as a daily.
Thanks Mick, it wasn't quite as bad as I expected but definitely a challenge although I did enjoy doing it. The glue i used was very good, almost too good as was a struggle to get it off again to feed into the curves and indented areas. Actually getting the headliner material onto the cleaned surface didn't really take that long, everything else was what took the time haha.
It seems more the foam that fails as opposed to the glue, I think cars that have never had damp eyes or extreme heat/cold would be ok for a bit longer but looking at just about all makes 20 years seems to be when you see a lot of saggy headliners
Maxfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2023, 08:55   #22
Maxfly
Loves to post

MG ZT 190 SE

Well it was family holiday time so a straight 10.5 hour drive down to Strete in Devon, bit of tootling about there before north to Barnstaple for a few days, then to nearby Alton Towers for 2 nights with a final overnight stop on Preston and then home yesterday. Total of 1600 miles exactly with not a beat missed. Also had to pop in past Q Gate for the obligatory plinth photo.

Maxfly is offline   Reply With Quote