Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 19th November 2020, 20:17   #21
euro44
Avid contributor

mg zt-t 226th made from total of 396

Agreed with Artics post about wrong location. However as its here i would say christmas lost out to commercial interests years ago, becoming as relevent as halloween sadly. We built our economy on the shifting sands of financial services and retail under Mrs Thatcher and threw away most of our industrial and engineering expertise, now we see the folly of that clever weeze.
euro44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2020, 20:46   #22
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

it will never disappear so long as people are stupid in their contacts, if you . , know what I mean.Also as long as people are allowed into the country willi nilly and not made to isolate. It will be with us for ever now. Thank you China.
Old 20th November 2020, 09:55   #23
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Another thread that should be in the social forum section not in general section for our cars.
Yes Steve, unfortunately yet another thread that is getting turned into a political argument, as sadly more and more seem to be these days.
It would be nice if in these difficult times this forum could be a place to visit for some light hearted chat not somewhere to climb on your political soapbox.

Cheers
Old 20th November 2020, 15:18   #24
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

For me it will be what it will be. If I can't see family and friends then me and my wife and the moggies will stay inside, light the fire and have a jolly nice day. There are 365 days in the year, other days will come about where we will be able to see others. Living one day at a time - much easier!
Nick Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2020, 15:53   #25
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Another thread that should be in the social forum section not in general section for our cars.
I thought the Forum header on this thread did say Social Forum Steve?

However, the subject is more anti-Social in effect - by dint of the hopscotch antics of government's vacillating instructions!

On that subject, and incidentally why so much of the conflicting advice/ instructions (or rules apparently) is either ignored or loudly criticised, I wonder if anyone has noticed the increasingly strident letters being sent out by HMGOV that are only just short of threatening?

Two received today, one for each of us, instructing us to get our appointment for the Flu jab quickly. Also how to register our on-line contact so they can send fewer letters! They are desperate to pin everyone down obviously.

The letters were not even addressed properly - neither of them with the customary Mr. or Mrs. We see that as b----y rude. Just to stay on topic, they can stuff their Lockdowns along with all the other patronising rubbish where the sun isn't.
Old 20th November 2020, 22:15   #26
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
Yes Steve, unfortunately yet another thread that is getting turned into a political argument, as sadly more and more seem to be these days.
It would be nice if in these difficult times this forum could be a place to visit for some light hearted chat not somewhere to climb on your political soapbox.

Cheers
Totally agree.-----I do find some of the threads quite depressing and that's why I now and again try to inject a bit of humour or stupidity into my posts.

Probably gets some folks backs up but there it is.

All the news we get bombarded with on the tele is 99% bad news.---It's generally downbeat and gives you a feeling of depression after hearing or reading it.

They've found a vaccine that works, ( glimpse of sunshine. ) maybe.!!! One step forward--Two steps back.--

Lockdown is so depressing. We NEED a little light relief somehow.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2020, 09:00   #27
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro44 View Post
Agreed with Artics post about wrong location. However as its here i would say christmas lost out to commercial interests years ago, becoming as relevent as halloween sadly. We built our economy on the shifting sands of financial services and retail under Mrs Thatcher and threw away most of our industrial and engineering expertise, now we see the folly of that clever weeze.
Our current automotive industry looks as if it’s going to get hammered in the not too distant future. I despair
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2020, 13:51   #28
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
Our current automotive industry looks as if it’s going to get hammered in the not too distant future. I despair.-
I'll join you. Our cars will go the same way when they ban diesel.----
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2020, 17:16   #29
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

We are supposed to be going down to my daughiin Hull for Christmas. Fingers crossed it happens but we will follow whatever COVID/ Travel instructions the Scottish Government issues.
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2020, 18:21   #30
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
We are supposed to be going down to my daughiin Hull for Christmas. Fingers crossed it happens but we will follow whatever COVID/ Travel instructions the Scottish Government issues.
did her turkey die too? It seems a lot of that happening. You must attend its funeral ...........

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote