Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st January 2021, 07:56   #1
Martin Taylor

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Ignition Key Replacement

Hi Everyone and Greetings from East Coast Australia.
I have just purchased another 75 but I have had to replace the keys. The Locksmith has re-coded the new keys so now the doors lock and unlock but he needs to access the EWS box to do something to enable the keys to be used to start the car. Trouble is, we're in a small south coast town and the even the best locksmith has no idea how to access and remove the EMS box.
Can anyone help me?
Martin Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2021, 08:05   #2
Lovel
I really should get out more.......

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

The EWS is in the drivers footwell on the right side, remove the lower footwell cover under the steering wheel and side footwell plastic cover , it’s held on by two torx screws, note that a normal torx won’t fit as there are less, or more tips (can’t recall?) it maybe 6 std, and the EWS held on by 5 tip torx heads?
Remove the EWS and obtain new transponders for the key fob along with a key editor tool such as EWS editor. Programme the transponders in using said tool.

User Genpk on here based in Aussie land that might be able to help as I believe he has the key editor tool, you just need to obtain the new transponders. Could be done by post if he can help you out, otherwise could send to Blighty to get it done if not in a hurry?

Last edited by Lovel; 21st January 2021 at 08:13..
Lovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2021, 10:29   #3
egremont
Loves to post

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE. Auto. Saloon. SE

Default TS30 Torque Socket.

Hi Martin,
A TS30 torque socket removes all the EWS security bolts that I have come across here in Victoria, Australia.
You shouldn’t have much trouble in removing the EWS box. Best of luck.
egremont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2021, 22:42   #4
Martin Taylor

Rover 75 Saloon

Default EWS Box Enquiry

Thanks everyone for your help.
The car is new to me... the second I've owned in three months. The first was identical but a year older. It was written off by someone looking over their shoulder who failed to see me. Although relatively undamaged, it was written off because obtaining the parts from the UK was too expensive.
A grew weeks later I found a 2003 model with just 93,000 on the clock and bought it. With that mileage in the old days it would have barely have been run in. It's in good condition, a very comfortable ride and most things work. The window mirrors don't. Yet to find out why. The Glove box has been torn off its hinges, th air conditioner wasn't working, neither were either of the ignition keys.
One by one I'm getting things fixed and fortunately have a host of parts because I bought the remains of its predecessor.
If anyone in Australia is looking for certain parts for a 2002 model, call me. I may still have them.
Meantime, thanks again for your help.
Martin Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote