Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd December 2020, 18:51   #11
Odd Job
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 2.0 cdti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rp61973 View Post
Kevin of the MG Rover Repair Centre has contacted LUK, who will replace the slave cylinder FOC, but they won't reimburse his labour costs. LUK has told him that they have modified their Repset due to the high rates of failure, but they won't tell him what modifications they have made!

My sympathies are with Kevin, as this is effectively a 'love job' for him so I will contribute towards some of his labour costs (which are very reasonable). Due to the unreliability of the CSCs, Kevin tells me this is the last R75 clutch he is doing, which is perfectly understandable.

Kevin replaced the clutch in April, so it has lasted 8 months (around 4-5K miles).
Wow! LUK have admitted there is a problem?
I spent nearly 45 mins on the phone to their technical department last year and they said they hadn't had any feed back about premature failures of concentric slave cylinders!
I was at the time trying to decide whether to go with LUK or another brand as my clutch needed replacing, as it turns out, the clutch is still cr@p now it's been replaced!
I still cant get my head around how I did 70,000 + miles in my ZS with the original clutch, but after just 800 miles with a replacement clutch in the ZT it's almost as bad as it was before.

### MG STANDS FOR "MY GREMLIN" !!!
Odd Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2020, 03:26   #12
It runs
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon

My box is out at the moment should be back in this week after my new dmf arrives. My bearing failed seal started leaking after just 14000 miles then after taking box oui the other day noticed grease leaking from dmf i have been trying to work on the car for weeks but weather rubbish . Hope you get it sorted .it's not as big of a job as it looks to be honest
Old 7th December 2020, 15:26   #13
Rp61973
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTI Classic

Well. Took the old girl to Kevin in Wickford this morning. We dropped the undertray and after a wipe of the debris from the bottom of the 'box, Kevin shone a hi intesity LED stick up the two holes under the bellhousing. Dry as a bone inside!

The master cylinder was next for inspection - it had come loose - one bolt had fallen out and was resting on the footrest, the other was very loose. After a tighten up we re-bled the system. Held the clutch pedal down for a few minutes and up on the ramp again. All seems good. Pedal is now good. Not sure where the fluid went before but my fingers are crossed.

BTW Kevin compared the 'old' LUK slave he had in stock with the brand new 'modified' one he had ordered in as part of the Repset pack for another customer's car.

Guess what - absolutely no visual difference. I reckon my glib comment above re the grease isn't probably far short of the mark!