Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Apparently on his yacht in Monoco this evening, slumming it I guess

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2020, 21:57   #12
richw
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

I wouldn't worry about Philip Green. He is no saint, but he has provided employment for many people for many years.

Our government, on the other hand, are tanking the economy on purpose. They are wickedly spiteful. Hardly unique to the UK, though, as it seems to be a worldwide madness. Who will save us?!
richw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2020, 23:21   #13
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

I'd like those that knock what the government have done to tell me what they would have done and I expect whatever the opposition parties say, they are effing glad they are not in power this year. This is a no win for any government, "all they can do is get it wrong".

macafee2
Old 1st December 2020, 13:27   #14
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
In regards to Green, was it our laws that allowed things to go the way they did?
Del Boy he may be but he has a lot more money that any of us.

I am not sure which I dislike most, our laws that "allow it" or those that take advantage and "sheet" on the rest......macafee2
If we go back to Ted Heath for the phrase about the unacceptable face of capitalism then that's a fair few years ago.

My question is what have successive Governments (of whatever colour) done over the decades to slam shut the loopholes that have been exploited?

Or is it all far too wrapped up the the "old school tie" Club and/or the "I'm quietly using them myself" Club that isn't going to even gently rock the boat, much less capsize it.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

Last edited by AndyN01; 2nd December 2020 at 16:48..
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2020, 19:44   #15
richw
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

It is dead easy to say what should be done: advise the vulnerable to isolate themselves if they want to. It is a matter of personal choice and responsibility.

It is utter madhouse for the government to mandate that we all stay inside and forcibly close businesses (mainly small ones, not the multinational 1% ones). The economic and social consequences will cause more deaths than covid, absolutely guaranteed. There is no science backing lockdowns, distancing nor mask-wearing. Many of our rules are so illogical anyway that is is as clear as day that it is not about fighting a virus (about as hopeful as fighting the tide coming in). Oh, and 'cases' are a nonsense. The PCR test is a huge fraud, so don't attach any credibility to it.

The Great Barrington Declaration is worth a read. Serious medical names behind it and proposed solutions.
richw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2020, 20:33   #16
Alf Best
Avid contributor

MG-ZTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by richw View Post
It is dead easy to say what should be done: advise the vulnerable to isolate themselves if they want to. It is a matter of personal choice and responsibility.

It is utter madhouse for the government to mandate that we all stay inside and forcibly close businesses (mainly small ones, not the multinational 1% ones). The economic and social consequences will cause more deaths than covid, absolutely guaranteed. There is no science backing lockdowns, distancing nor mask-wearing. Many of our rules are so illogical anyway that is is as clear as day that it is not about fighting a virus (about as hopeful as fighting the tide coming in). Oh, and 'cases' are a nonsense. The PCR test is a huge fraud, so don't attach any credibility to it.

The Great Barrington Declaration is worth a read. Serious medical names behind it and proposed solutions.

That is a good read Richard, thanks for posting this

For others wanting a bit of sensible reading, instead of the claptrap we are being asked to take as gospel, the Great Barrington Declaration can be found HERE

Those who are hard of thinking need not bother

Alf
Alf Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2020, 21:09   #17
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

The counter narrative from many eminent scientists is being ignored. The current mass tests are based on the deeply flawed Corman-Drosten paper. The contributors also failed to declare vested interests This link is worth a read.

https://principia-scientific.com/cov...entific-flaws/

Worldwide sales of around £200 billion of tests to desperate governments. Of course they are unbiased and doing this to help humanity. We're basically being subjected to thousands of false positives with these tests.
Also, why on earth is a death labelled as due to Covid 19 if the deceased has had a positive Covid test in the last 28 days instead of being correctly labelled as due to usually a pre-existing morbidity such as cancer, heart disease or even a road traffic accident etc? These tests cannot differentiate between live virus and dead virus or even inactive viral fragments. Not a good basis for destroying tens of thousands of SME's across the UK.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2020, 21:50   #18
Alf Best
Avid contributor

MG-ZTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardmk View Post
The counter narrative from many eminent scientists is being ignored. The current mass tests are based on the deeply flawed Corman-Drosten paper. The contributors also failed to declare vested interests This link is worth a read.

https://principia-scientific.com/cov...entific-flaws/

Worldwide sales of around £200 billion of tests to desperate governments. Of course they are unbiased and doing this to help humanity. We're basically being subjected to thousands of false positives with these tests.
Also, why on earth is a death labelled as due to Covid 19 if the deceased has had a positive Covid test in the last 28 days instead of being correctly labelled as due to usually a pre-existing morbidity such as cancer, heart disease or even a road traffic accident etc? These tests cannot differentiate between live virus and dead virus or even inactive viral fragments. Not a good basis for destroying tens of thousands of SME's across the UK.

I couldn't have put that any more succinctly than you already have Martin.

All of the public goodwill at the beginning of this debacle has been squandered, people are now quite rightly questioning the rubbish we are being asked to put up with, the questionable science drawn up by a minority of persons with vested interests, then rubber stamped by those who for which these restrictions have no real adverse effect on their lifestyles.

The end is in sight, the light at the end of the tunnel, etc, etc, etc utter twaddle what we are being asked to acquiesce to is nothing short of coercive control en masse.
Alf Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2020, 22:17   #19
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

'the questionable science drawn up by a minority of persons with vested interests, then rubber stamped by those who for which these restrictions have no real adverse effect on their lifestyles.'

When I saw the Welsh first minister grandstanding in his speech 'we're all in this together', My first thought was ' No we're not!' If we were all in it together, the financial support for those forced to not work for the greater good would be much better. I'd propose a 50% pay cut for all non-essential public servants to be sent to those in the private sector who fell through the cracks of the 'unprecedented financial package', and every government minister should go onto furlough arrangements until further notice. That might focus their minds a little more.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2020, 22:21   #20
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by richw View Post

For those with known health conditions we can class them as vulnerable but what about those without a known health condition that have died after contracting covid? How have you protected them with "It is dead easy to say what should be done: advise the vulnerable to isolate themselves if they want to. It is a matter of personal choice and responsibility" All you have done is deal with "known" vulnerable. How have you protected the unknown vulnerable, you need to try and save as many as you can.

We know that not everyone will be responsible and some will be irresponsible, how are you going to deal with they and the damage they do?

macafee2