Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd August 2015, 14:46   #11
chipsceola
This is my second home

Jaguar XF 3.0D

When all else fails, Google it - just have with these results that may help, Epson are well known for stopping all printing after prolonged use of no OEM cartridges, I have experienced this in past and found a reset tool on-line to return counters to normal, operating successfully over several years.

chipsceola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2015, 18:14   #12
bigbaldbloke
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDT Connie SE Auto

Have a look at the printer in Control Panel - is it showing online or offline?

If it's on Wifi, log onto your router and look for the list of connected devices - is it showing?
bigbaldbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2015, 10:12   #13
lathbury
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn S.E. Cdt.

Smile

Many thanks for all the replies, I have checked the usb cable and it is fitted properly, I tried wifi and it failed to connect so am using usb. I did software updates but not hardware updates. I have two sets of ink, and neither are detected. The printer is shown as ready. Now I can't even check the ink levels as pressing "check ink levels" doesn't work anymore. I think I have a dud machine. John Lewis are doing good deals at the moment, I will try another make as this my last Epson, it is only just out of warranty. Many thanks for all your help. John.
lathbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2015, 02:48   #14
chipsceola
This is my second home

Jaguar XF 3.0D

Before you give up on this printer, check out the following links from a Google search
could save the time and expense of buying a new printer.

chipsceola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2015, 13:57   #15
lathbury
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn S.E. Cdt.

Smile

Thanks Chips, I ordered the new computer and printer last night and they will be here tomorrow, I think my problem is with the pc, it has been playing up the last couple of months, not letting me download things etc. When I get the new pc set up I will try the old printer and see if it works. If so I will take the unopened HP printer back to JL for a refund. I will keep you posted later this week. Thanks again, John.
Old 4th August 2015, 20:33   #16
Essexphil
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Having 'fixed' a non working printer (it was a HP one in this instance, but that is immaterial) over the weekend for a friend, it turned out that there was no actual problem. Somehow the user had two printers set up in Windows, one via usb and one via wireless. The default printer selection had changed and the user was trying to print via usb when the printer was connected wirelessly. I raise this as the symptoms were very similar and there was a comment in an early post to say that it had been uninstalled and reinstalled - not sure if this was the printer or the cartridge.
So a simple question, how many printers appear in the printer list in control panel?

Philip
Essexphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2015, 08:17   #17
lathbury
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn S.E. Cdt.

Sorry for the delay, the control panel was showing two printers, one Epson 312 and one Epson 312 copy. I have removed the copy and now have one printer showing. I am going to set up my new pc tomorrow, I will install the 312 on to it, if it does not work I have a new HP Envy printer which I bought at the same time. I will post the results up. Thanks, John.
Old 8th August 2015, 13:10   #18
Frank Incensed
Ex 75 Owner

75 Tourerless

Default From an Epson User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lathbury View Post
................ I have two sets of ink, and neither are detected. The printer is shown as ready. Now I can't even check the ink levels as pressing "check ink levels" doesn't work anymore. I think I have a dud machine............................. John.
Hi John.
If your Epson uses the same cartridge detection system as mine, it won't recognise a cartridge that has been removed then re-inserted - even if it's made by them and full of their own ink!
Love Epson quality, but hate their pricing and their systems.
If my printer is relatively idle for a few weeks, cartridges will start showing as empty when they still have ink in them. Not funny when a set of 6 cartridges costs £79. And that's cheaper than buying them individually!
Also, it won't print, photocopy or even scan if one of the 6 cartridges is empty.
I've started buying my cartridges from cartridgemonkey.com for about 1/7 of the price and have been impressed with their quality. It remains to be seen if the prints will remain fade free for years, like those I've printed with Epson Ink. Suggest if you've got a precious picture, keep an electronic back-up.

HTH

Robert

355188 of 355194
Frank Incensed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2015, 21:09   #19
lathbury
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn S.E. Cdt.

I feel like doing the same. John.
Old 19th August 2015, 18:05   #20
lathbury
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn S.E. Cdt.

Smile

Thanks to everyone for all the help. I have installed the Lenovo pc and the Epson installed right away. I will give it a few days and if it is still okay I will arrange for the HP printer to be collected ( it's too heavy to carry). Thanks, John.