Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th September 2015, 17:26   #1
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Smile

I truly like to meet the person who 'designed' the rear light unit and the accompanying attachments to the unit, No, no, not to congratulate them, or anything as stupid as this, instead to beat them until they come to their senses, then at that stage, beat them some more, so they are senseless, then repeat the cycle several times, after that they would want to go back to design school, and start again, only then they may, just may realise that this has got to be the most moronic design ever, it really is unbelievable that this was given approval, must have been on the Christmas Eve at 6pm, when everyone in the factory was ****** including the robots on the production line.

No seriously though, far from being violent or anything, I just feel so frustrated by such a poor design, you just know that you are going to break what is a very expensive unit, so WHY on earth build the thing...........ah......

Last edited by Dragrad; 5th September 2015 at 23:14.. Reason: Consecutive posts - Use the edit ;-)
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2015, 17:32   #2
Stickman
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon

Totally agree with you buddy
The design team on the rear lights must've been complete idiots
Regards
Chris
Stickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2015, 20:15   #3
Frank Incensed
Ex 75 Owner

75 Tourerless

Default IMO, They Look Good, They're Functional and They're Waterproof!

But I do agree, like so many things on this car, the mountings and materials these are made of let them down.

355188 of 355194
Frank Incensed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2015, 21:13   #4
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

To be fair to MGR, other manufacturers still use a similar setup

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2015, 21:17   #5
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Incensed View Post
But I do agree, like so many things on this car, the mountings and materials these are made of let them down.
Precisely my point, why spend a great deal of time and effort designing a thing, then hand it over to a 3 year old to actually build it, go figure as our American cousins will say, then you wander why countries go bankrupt.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2015, 21:51   #6
pm77
Gets stuck in

Volvo XC70 D5 AWD Auto

I find it strange how some designs (our tourers included) need tools just to change the bulbs. The saloons can be done by hand. Having said that, my wife's FIAT needs a socket set just to change the bulbs

Why the security?

Since when did anyone break into a car to steal the bulbs or rear light cluster
pm77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2015, 21:56   #7
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm77 View Post
I find it strange how some designs (our tourers included) need tools just to change the bulbs. The saloons can be done by hand. Having said that, my wife's FIAT needs a socket set just to change the bulbs

Why the security?

not often, but you could get your hand in and open the boot from the inside....
Old 6th September 2015, 05:45   #8
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grivas View Post
I truly like to meet the person who 'designed' the rear light unit and the accompanying attachments to the unit, No, no, not to congratulate them, or anything as stupid as this, instead to beat them until they come to their senses, then at that stage, beat them some more, so they are senseless, then repeat the cycle several times, after that they would want to go back to design school, and start again, only then they may, just may realise that this has got to be the most moronic design ever, it really is unbelievable that this was given approval, must have been on the Christmas Eve at 6pm, when everyone in the factory was ****** including the robots on the production line.

No seriously though, far from being violent or anything, I just feel so frustrated by such a poor design, you just know that you are going to break what is a very expensive unit, so WHY on earth build the thing...........ah......
Why? did something break??
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2015, 06:55   #9
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm77 View Post

Why the security?

In eastern europe such thefts were common - (not so sure now tho ?) But you had to remove things like your wiper bladed when parking because if you didn't - they would not be there when you get back.

And in Kenya - our Renault had one of its entire front headlight removed whilst we had a meal in a Nairobi restaurant.

Not sure if the "security" fixings are designed with these sorts of events in mind.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2015, 08:28   #10
chipsceola
This is my second home

Jaguar XF 3.0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
In eastern europe such thefts were common - (not so sure now tho ?) But you had to remove things like your wiper bladed when parking because if you didn't - they would not be there when you get back.

And in Kenya - our Renault had one of its entire front headlight removed whilst we had a meal in a Nairobi restaurant.

Not sure if the "security" fixings are designed with these sorts of events in mind.
I and many others of my age, remember when (in the UK) we removed the battery overnight, along with all the coolant.

chipsceola is offline   Reply With Quote