Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 12th September 2015, 17:18   #31
Rickshaw
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer, 2 X75 Saloon , MGTF Sunstorm

Thumbs up Why not - you only live once!

I have two for several reasons eg my first 75 is a tourer from new and it has been fantastic - and just SO practical withALL that room. It's in superb condition so why would I change it? It is petrol however so, now my grandson lives with us, I have an extra 8k miles per year for school runs. Good excuse to get a Saloon diesel (always wanted one of those!) Hence my second car. But these cars sort of get you - I almost grabbed a diesel tourer too BUT then the other half kicked up a fuss and put her foot down!! PHIL-T4 knows all about this cos I arranged for him to grab it rather than see it go to a breaker's . for fine weather I have an mgtf - great fun. I have not given up on idea of a nice ZT BUT see a battle coming up because I would not get rid of the others - they are just superb machines.
Rickshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2015, 17:27   #32
mh007
This is my second home

MG ZT260 SE, MG ZT190+, MG ZTT 160, R75 Conn SE 2.0, R75 Conn SE 2.5 X 3, R75 Club SE 1.8, P5B Coupe

Ok, I'm addicted to them, there....................I've said it !

By the way, I don't want to be cured
mh007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2015, 20:04   #33
p2roverman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie Tourer & Connie SE Saloon & Club SE Tourer

My second one was a local ebay purchase, took a punt on £600 50k Connie SE V6 saloon and won (actually paid a bit more as some foreign conman got involved). Third one was again an unexpected ebay win at £240 and turned out to be the unique Arden green 2.5 Club SE tourer, originally intended to be for spares but much too good, probably the best of the three, as well as its rarity. Has an ABS fault and stove in door, a replacement for the latter since sourced.
p2roverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2015, 20:47   #34
Rover_75_Owner
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Because they can?? oddly enough I have only had a 75 for a few weeks and am thinking maybe I should get a manual ZT...... Need to finish sorting the 75 out first.

Sadly I think many good salvageable cars are finding there way to scrap yards at the moment reminds me of about 5 years ago and XJS's you could barely give them away.
Rover_75_Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2015, 20:58   #35
colintf
Posted a thing or two

ZT260SE TF160 ZT135+

If MG were mad enough to build a Mustang powered ZT then I just had to have one, and the ZT cdti is a very good tool
MGCC Z Register Rep for V8 ZT / ZTT's
http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htmhttp://www.mgfregister.org/
colintf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2015, 21:36   #36
2750 HP
Loves to post

ZT CDTI, 190+, 260, Triumph TR4, Rolls Royce, Bentley and Mercedes E220d cabriolet

My wife runs a 1.8TI bought "new" in 2006 whilst I run a ZT CDTi as high mileage main car. For weekends there is a Trophy Blue ZT V6 and a Trophy Blue ZT 260. The first two will be going to the scrapman / break for spares in August 2018 but will hang on to the other pair.

Why do I like them: good looks and build quality - 1.8ti cooling hoses apart. However none can hold a candle to my 1964 Triumph TR4 which I have owned for nearly 36 years - oh to be 25 again!
2750 HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2015, 22:55   #37
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Why not. I currently have 5 sitting.

One as my daily.
One as my "mg" for mg events
One as my future classic that I'm going to store and bring out in 5 years (it's quite tidy)
One for conversion to mk2 and for second "back up" diesel car
One to be cut up for spare engine and turned into trailer.

Why. Be case race car.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2015, 08:11   #38
Clickernick
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie SE Tourer Triumph Street Triple R

I have my original purchase of an early Wedgwood Connie SE v6 now 16 years old with 72000 on the clock.
Last year I bought a Spectre ZT ctdi+ now 12.5 years old with 141000 on the clock

Both fab cars but totally different beasts.

One is sublime, smooth, posh, alluring. This is my respectable gentlemans carriage!

The other is seedy, brash, positively juvenile by comparison. I call her my weekend Bitch!

Once my last son departs the nest I would contemplate another one to fill the void that becomes available, most likely a V8 supercharged monster!!

You only live once, enjoy it!!

Real walnut interior. Original refurbished Forked Spokes 16” with Michelin Primacy 4 rubber, Pioneer AVH-Z9200DAB double din Wi Fi phone integration. Retrofitted twin front horns. 160 re-map. Revotec fan. Silicone intercooler hoses and ‘O ring’ replacement. Top hose thermostat. New walnut and smokestone steering wheel with cruise upgrade. Brembo Brakes. Ceramic coated rear Exhaust. L/engine mount, Hydramount, Bosch MAF. Focal Access Drivers and Focal Amp.
Clickernick is offline   Reply With Quote