Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th October 2015, 20:25   #171
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Well what a day I've had. From parking cars to selling raffle tickets and handing out prizes at the raffle, and selling the cushions. Chatting to people and answering questions about the Yellow one. Very enjoyable. Many thanks to Ian & Jan for finding this gemstone of a museum. Makes a change to go to a commercial museum rather than just cars.

Met some lovely members of the public who wanted to know what was going on. A nice man pulled up in his Honda and came over to speak to me. He Turned out to be a former MG-Rover car salesman from Leyland itself. He told me he was the first salesman in Leyland to sell a MG F in 1995. He said he only stopped as a Bright Yellow car had caught his eye. He later returned to have a look around the cars. He also took a flyer. I think Banana was the only car with Flyers on display.

I sold a total of 12 cushions of behalf of Emm's Creations, and Emm's donated a further 2 as well for raffle prizes. The winner had a choice, so 2 MG cushions are now North of the Border. And I took orders for 3 more Rover cushions.

I still have not got over the raffle prize I have one, well Banana won it, the Navall 3 kindly donated by Sean aka RadioGuy. Will need to chat Coolcat up to get it fitted.

A great meet with great cars and fantastic friends. And a BIG THANK YOU to the staff at the museum who worked hard in accommodating us. I loved every minute of it.

Thank you Ian & Jan.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2015, 20:30   #172
Frank Incensed
Ex 75 Owner

75 Tourerless

Default Lovely Day Out. Thanks One and All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
Thanks again folks
Ian Jan and Bob
Especially to the 3 of you. Great to see you all again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1MBO View Post
............ special thanks to my chauffeur for the day Robert aka Frank Incensed.
If you can put up with my driving, Jim................but at least I've got brakes now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
....................... I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the museum exhibits, as all Rover 75's and ZT's are much of a muchness, with a few notable exceptions .....................
Brian
I counted 4 Firefrost Exceptions, Brian. Good to see you again. Link to OneDrive file including interior shots..............

http://1drv.ms/1Lci5n3

355188 of 355194
Frank Incensed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2015, 23:01   #173
Nev The Bear
This is my second home

Does not matter

Thanked 1,575 Times in 987 Posts
Default Photos and Thank you.

A big thank you to Ian, Jan and Bob for organising a fantastic meet and a special thanks to Stevenicks and Caroline, Blackpool was well worth visiting on Saturday night, my first time of visiting Blackpool.
It was also nice to meet everyone, both members who I have met before and members I have met for the first time. It is the members that make these meets so good.
I travelled 203 miles back home, made good time took 4 1/2 hours. My ZTT was faultless both travelling to and from the meet. Did not need to fill up with diesel before heading home. Got home with just over 1/4 tank of diesel left.

Here are some photos:

Last edited by Nev The Bear; 14th February 2018 at 14:47..
Nev The Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2015, 23:18   #174
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Well what a day I've had. From parking cars to selling raffle tickets and handing out prizes at the raffle, and selling the cushions. Chatting to people and answering questions about the Yellow one. Very enjoyable. Many thanks to Ian & Jan for finding this gemstone of a museum. Makes a change to go to a commercial museum rather than just cars.

Met some lovely members of the public who wanted to know what was going on. A nice man pulled up in his Honda and came over to speak to me. He Turned out to be a former MG-Rover car salesman from Leyland itself. He told me he was the first salesman in Leyland to sell a MG F in 1995. He said he only stopped as a Bright Yellow car had caught his eye. He later returned to have a look around the cars. He also took a flyer. I think Banana was the only car with Flyers on display.

I sold a total of 12 cushions of behalf of Emm's Creations, and Emm's donated a further 2 as well for raffle prizes. The winner had a choice, so 2 MG cushions are now North of the Border. And I took orders for 3 more Rover cushions.

I still have not got over the raffle prize I have one, well Banana won it, the Navall 3 kindly donated by Sean aka RadioGuy. Will need to chat Coolcat up to get it fitted.

A great meet with great cars and fantastic friends. And a BIG THANK YOU to the staff at the museum who worked hard in accommodating us. I loved every minute of it.

Thank you Ian & Jan.

Congratulations to all , looks like a wonderful day was had ! I wish I could have been there but the commute is a killer ! Some day !

Congratulations Bob on winning the Navall 3 Android head unit , we finally get to violate that Banana Dash after admiring the yellow girl from afar for all of these years !

Cheers
Sean
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2015, 23:31   #175
Organiser
I really should get out more.......

ZT-T+180 Auto & ZT-T+1.8T in Trophy Blue, ZT-T CDTI+135 Auto in Ignition Blue, ZT-T+190 in Typhoon,

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
Because I will run out of thanks before I get round to you all Jan, Bob and myself would like to say A MASSIVE THANK YOU to all of you that made the meet today so special. It was the perfect mix of cars, venue, weather and people.
The CARS....... All looked amazing without exception
The VENUE..... Without doubt this has got to be the friendliest museum in the country.
The WEATHER.... The sun shone from a cloudless sky..
THE PEOPLE......Who made the whole event a day to be proud of and donated the raffle prizes, their time and knowledge ..

Thanks again folks
Ian Jan and Bob
I can only agree with above comments, but I have a special thank you to Ian, Jan and Bob for all their hard work in organising this event.

I must also say thank you, to Marinabrian for sharing his chocolate Hobnobs...

Tom.
Old 5th October 2015, 06:57   #176
LotusLC
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi Auto / ZT-T Trophy Blue

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,238 Posts

[QUOTE=Nev The Bear;2111497]A big thank you to Ian, Jan and Bob for organising a fantastic meet and a special thanks to Stevenicks and Caroline, Blackpool was well worth visiting on Saturday night, my first time of visiting Blackpool.
It was also nice to meet everyone, both members who I have met before and members I have met for the first time. It is the members that make these meets so good.
I travelled 203 miles back home, made good time took 4 1/2 hours. My ZTT was faultless both travelling to and from the meet. Did not need to fill up with diesel before heading home. Got home with just over 1/4 tank of diesel left.

Here are some photos:

Did anyone give Brian the kiss of life or did you just leave him be

https://i.imgur.com/Cwa3376m.jpg
LotusLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2015, 07:00   #177
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Nice photo's Clyde especially nice to see Actros taking a nap in the back of the ambulance.
Great to see the ever so shiney Nevmobile again. Honestly the raffle prize of the bucket n sponge had your name on it. But at least we know that the funeral cars in Dorset will be nice and clean. Well done Roger.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2015, 07:36   #178
Freebyrd
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T

Excellent weekend. Good company for dinner on Saturday and another great meet on Sunday. Well done Ian, Jan and Bob for organising.
Freebyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2015, 20:50   #179
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Where do I begin?

I'd looked forwards to the day for quite a while, the meets always hold so much promise of a great time among kindred spirits, this one was no exception! I had been hoping that Denise was going to be strong enough on the day, she came without her stick and tired herself out, it's typical of her inner strength, in the days before she fell ill she'd have raced everyone around the building. The people we met for the first time yesterday were all fantastic and, we hope to meet with you all again.
I have to give a big thank you to Brian, my car was much smoother on the way home, even though it didn't submit to the hypnosis. I'm hoping that next year, my lovely ZT will make the grade at a meet, who knows? I can say though without a doubt, everything conspired to make yesterdays meet a cracker.
The people who set up the meet yesterday deserve a big `well done` it was testament to their hard work that it ran smoothly, it was going so well and then the Sun came out and showed all the flaws on my car! I'd have got away with it if it wasn't for that pesky Sun! Grrr..
A special thank you goes to my old friend Peter for bringing his P5 Coupe, It surely pleased Jimbo and a few others when he rolled it in, it was certainly a nice way to bring the curtain down on a great event.
Thank you to everyone that was there and made it so nice, thank you to those of you who found time to include Denise in your day, it means a lot to me that you did so, she has been missing that kind of interaction in her life. I'm sure that you all went away with a feeling of a day well spent. I hope we can get together and do it all again soon.

Many Regards...
Mike...

Last edited by Saga Lout; 10th December 2015 at 12:49..
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2015, 22:05   #180
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

I hope Denise bought you a 1/4 of Midget Gems, with that shilling she got from pressing button "b" in the K6 kiosk Mike

Glad to hear the car is running a little sweeter too

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote