MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyeth View Post
I do hope that this Poll here is not repeated in the real one
that would be tragic.
Ken.
I do

Who on earth want's to be a member of the EU? it's not what was signed up for in the 1970's ie a trading bloc agreement, but what we have now is the formation of a United States of Europe.

With your family connection, I would have thought you could see how this model doesn't work in America for instance, where you have huge concentrations of wealth in certain areas, and abject poverty in others.

It didn't work for the Soviet Union either

Brian
Old 13th June 2016, 13:58   #72
Leyland Worldmaster
This is my second home

Audi A2 1.4TDI

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rab60bit View Post
Only 99 members have had a vote in the 12 days it's been available. Come on, just for fun, give it a visit and add your honest opinion
I'm undecided. I'm fed up with the personal jibes made by a lot of the politicians. I cannot be alone in wanting the facts as opposed to emotions!

I think I voted for penguins.

Possibly

🏓
Old 13th June 2016, 14:04   #73
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Where is the "Shake it all about" option
Old 13th June 2016, 14:30   #74
Leyland Worldmaster
This is my second home

Audi A2 1.4TDI

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
Where is the "Shake it all about" option
I did think about that actually!

🏓
Old 13th June 2016, 14:40   #75
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyland Worldmaster View Post
I'm undecided. I'm fed up with the personal jibes made by a lot of the politicians. I cannot be alone in wanting the facts as opposed to emotions!

The factual answer is

Old 13th June 2016, 14:54   #76
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

George Osborne was reminded that the pensions were linked to the cost of living index,so the following night David Cameron came on to say that this would not be guaranteed if we leave. This stinks of Blackmail. Heaven help us if these 2 are still in charge if we do leave. Every cut back will be blamed on the peoples decision to leave.
Old 13th June 2016, 15:28   #77
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

The beauty (?) of the USA are the facts that they all speak the same language, and secondly, they can make a decision very quickly.

In the EU any major decision takes about 50 mini meetings spread over many years and then a huge meeting of enough people to sink the Isle of Wight....

But theoretically a US of Europe is a brilliant idea. But i doubt they will ever achieve it...
Old 13th June 2016, 15:39   #78
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackatesme View Post
George Osborne was reminded that the pensions were linked to the cost of living index,so the following night David Cameron came on to say that this would not be guaranteed if we leave. This stinks of Blackmail. Heaven help us if these 2 are still in charge if we do leave. Every cut back will be blamed on the peoples decision to leave.

That's not quite the whole story. Osbourne appears to forget about the triple lock mechanism. It's funny how he forgets crucial elements when it's inconvenient to remember. State Pension is guaranteed by three factors:

Increase in average earnings or
Inflation or
2.5% rise.

This is part of the law enshrining pensions to protect against precisely what is now happening. In his statement Cameron said as reported 'it is not guaranteed'. Well, yes it is. Until a Commons vote rescinds it. Fortuitously, he left hanging in the air the implication that it might be cancelled.

It is part of the plan to eventually raise the State Pension, over about 40 years, to around the equivalent of £140 per week. A decent man would at least consider raising revenue to cover things like pensions from, say, the Foreign Aid budget by reducing our contributions to the level that most other European countries do, about 1/7th of ours. But then, is he a decent man?

Last edited by wraymond; 13th June 2016 at 15:48.. Reason: adding the word 'or' twice
Old 13th June 2016, 15:45   #79
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
That's not quite the whole story. Osbourne appears to forget about the triple lock mechanism. It's funny how he forgets crucial elements when it's inconvenient to remember. State Pension is guaranteed by three factors:

Increase in average earnings
Inflation
2.5% rise.

This is part of the law enshrining pensions to protect against precisely what is now happening. In his statement Cameron said as reported 'it is not guaranteed'. Well, yes it is. Until a Commons vote rescinds it. Fortuitously, he left hanging in the air the implication that it might be cancelled.

It is part of the plan to eventually raise the State Pension, over about 40 years, to around the equivalent of £140 per week. A decent man would at least consider raising revenue to cover things like pensions from, say, the Foreign Aid budget by reducing our contributions to the level that most other European countries do, about 1/7th of ours. But then, is he a decent man?
No, he is most definitely not a decent man. He is just another power hungry leach who looks after his friends and stands on the neck of the common man.
Old 13th June 2016, 17:19   #80
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si-monogram View Post
I thought we weren't allowed to talk politics on this forum? Just saying as other threads like the transgender one gets locked down because of the subject even though it wasn't causing any offence. I really don't get this forum sometimes.
I could be off track, but I suspect what happened there Si, was that one or more complained behind the scenes, or the one with the power could not his head round the subject and considered it to be a taboo.
Closed Thread