Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: The North West
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th December 2016, 13:42   #31
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

It was the first time I'd had a meal at the Cat & Lion, previously, apart from the delays in service, others had been quite happy with the standard of the food served, so based on that I'd be inclined to give Richard and the Cat & Lion a second chance.
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2016, 17:40   #32
stevenkeyte
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

Well I won't be able to make it on the 3rd, as I will be in hospital waiting for my major op. on the 4th but I'm more than willing to go back to the Cat & Lion should the majority be in favour.
I doubt I'll be well enough to drive or travel until March so I'll keep an eye on developments and I look forward to seeing everyone soon
Steve

Born 22nd February 2005, 221st of 239 Starlight Silver 75 Contemporary SE 2.5 V6 automatic saloons built
stevenkeyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2016, 19:11   #33
Frank Incensed
Ex 75 Owner

75 Tourerless

Default Best Wishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenkeyte View Post
Well I won't be able to make it on the 3rd, as I will be in hospital waiting for my major op. on the 4th...................
That's bad timing, Steve! The new manager hopes we will be won-over by the changes he wants to make. Still, hopefully those changes for the better will continue - and the place will be even better on your return.
Hope everything goes to plan, you make a swift recovery and get a new lease of life in the New Year.

Robert

355188 of 355194
Frank Incensed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2016, 19:18   #34
Frank Incensed
Ex 75 Owner

75 Tourerless

Default Confirmation email from new manager

I have received an email from Richard Paxton, basically confirming the summary of or earlier conversation, which I've already posted.

Here's a copy of my response:

"Thank you Richard.

I have already posted a summary of the main points we discussed on the 'phone today, in a thread concerning the NW branch Christmas meal, on the Rover 75 & MG ZT Owners Club forum pages. To give you some idea of the interest generated on the national forum, there have been over 1500 hits on the thread since I started it, at the beginning of November, by mooting the Cat & Lion as the venue of the NW Christmas meal. Two hundred of those hits have occurred since I posted a copy of the feedback email I sent to Greene King after the meal.

Others have already started to post their responses to the summary of our discussion and I will let you know the consensus of opinion, hopefully before the New Year.

Until then, I know it's what you are employed to do, but I would like to emphasise the majority of customers do appreciate someone who makes an effort to give good service. I therefore hope the support necessary, to make the changes you want to at the pub, is forthcoming - and you survive your baptism of fire at the Flaming Grill, relatively unscathed.

Regards and best wishes for Christmas

Robert Gibbons"

355188 of 355194

Last edited by Frank Incensed; 24th December 2016 at 19:24.. Reason: The appearance of a smattering of the phrase "NAUGHTY WORD" in the text!
Old 24th December 2016, 23:48   #35
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenkeyte View Post
Well I won't be able to make it on the 3rd, as I will be in hospital waiting for my major op. on the 4th but I'm more than willing to go back to the Cat & Lion should the majority be in favour.
I doubt I'll be well enough to drive or travel until March so I'll keep an eye on developments and I look forward to seeing everyone soon
Steve
Steve, hope all goes well with your op and you're soon on the road to recovery.
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2017, 12:56   #36
Frank Incensed
Ex 75 Owner

75 Tourerless

Default Latest Communication With Greene King Guest Relations

Thank you, Mr Sloan.

Mr Paxton was forthright and he seems very positive about improvements that can be made under his management. In my opinion, whether he achieves his ambitions will depend on his budget and the support he gets from further up the management chain.

I, together with 5 other members of the car club, intend visiting the Cat & Lion on Tuesday evening. Half of those who turned up on 18th December expecting a Christmas meal have other commitments. Nobody has indicated they are unwilling to visit the pub again, following Mr Paxton's assurances.

The true outcome will not be known for some months, after which time we be able to judge if Mr Paxton's plans have come to fruition and improved standards have been maintained.

Regards and good wishes for 2017

Robert Gibbons

Sent: 28 December 2016 09:54
To: Robert Gibbons
Subject: GS0206980

Dear Mr Gibbons

Thank you for your comments regarding your experience at the Cat & Lion.

I have spoken to the General Manager of the pub, Richard Paxton, who has confirmed that he has contacted you directly in relation to your experience.

I hope that you are happy with the outcome of your conversation and also hope that you choose to visit the Cat & Lion in the future.

Kind Regards

Charlie Sloan
Flaming Grill Guest Relations
0344 8006605

355188 of 355194