Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th April 2018, 23:51   #31
neilbaker86
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

Further to my last post, the ebay seller escalated the case I had open against them to ebay.

ebay found in my favour. And I received a refund.

I then did what I've never done in fourteen years on ebay, and left the seller negative feedback. For incorrectly describing the item, for it being poorly wrapped, and their general attitude towards me as a customer.

Their feedback is now just 97.5%. As someone else has left a negative, and someone else has left a neutral (if this were negative it would be even worse, approx 96.25%).

I have now just received a message from the seller, which I take no hesitation in sharing with you:

Would Tesco, Argos, John Lewis, Halfords, or even any ebay business worth their salt send a message to any customer, calling them 'a disgrace'?

I will be further taking this seller up with ebay in the morning. I will leave it entirely up to all of you as to whether you wish to deal with this individual.

Incidentally, their website does not feature their address, which is illegal under the Distance Selling Regulations.

Last edited by neilbaker86; 12th April 2018 at 00:08..
neilbaker86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2018, 07:40   #32
Lovel
I really should get out more.......

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbaker86 View Post
Further to my last post, the ebay seller escalated the case I had open against them to ebay.

ebay found in my favour. And I received a refund.

I then did what I've never done in fourteen years on ebay, and left the seller negative feedback. For incorrectly describing the item, for it being poorly wrapped, and their general attitude towards me as a customer.

Their feedback is now just 97.5%. As someone else has left a negative, and someone else has left a neutral (if this were negative it would be even worse, approx 96.25%).

I have now just received a message from the seller, which I take no hesitation in sharing with you:

Would Tesco, Argos, John Lewis, Halfords, or even any ebay business worth their salt send a message to any customer, calling them 'a disgrace'?

I will be further taking this seller up with ebay in the morning. I will leave it entirely up to all of you as to whether you wish to deal with this individual.

Incidentally, their website does not feature their address, which is illegal under the Distance Selling Regulations.
Yes it seems they have a Basil Fawlty sort of attitude to customer care, perhaps they should have counted to 10 before responding to you.

However when reviewing their negative feedback one of them was because the key was not cut! The ebay advert does not mention about it being cut.
Another neg feedback was late delivery. That would be in the hands of the mail company so is a little harsh I would suggest.
In your case shoddily wrapped is a lame one. Did it reach you in good order. I think you are perhaps more annoyed at their niave customer care response. Hopefully they will hopefully learn from the episode and wynd their necks back in a bit.
Lovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2018, 15:31   #33
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbaker86 View Post
Exactly which eBay seller is this? Tazo or someone else?

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2018, 15:51   #34
Yorkshire GOC
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

He is referring to Micjon4. See his earlier post of 23/03 in this thread.

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2018, 09:58   #35
drewbie
Loves to post

Rover 75 Club SE 1.8T 03 plate.

Default Tazo

I've just replaced my plastic 4 way connector with the aluminium one purchased from Tazo Parts for £25, I fully recommend it.
drewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2020, 21:47   #36
m6dly
Regular poster

MG

Does anyone know where I might be able to buy an aluminium t piece?

I've found this one but I'm not keen on it
http://www.pepperperformance.com/mg-...olant-t-piece/

I would be very interested in the cast version like this one:

m6dly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2020, 09:41   #37
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Are you going to uprate your front springs as they say the weight is 199.00 KGS !!!
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2020, 14:03   #38
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6dly View Post
Does anyone know where I might be able to buy an aluminium t piece?
If you've exhausted Google's suggestions, I doubt they're available anywhere else. It's been a long time since the hand made or cast alloy ones were available and the original sellers are long gone.

Quote:
I've found this one but I'm not keen on it
http://www.pepperperformance.com/mg-...olant-t-piece/
That's the alternative version of the original hand-made 'Gerry-T'. It's also NLA.

Quote:
I would be very interested in the cast version like this one
Which is where we came in I'm afraid.

TC
Old 28th August 2020, 13:56   #39
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Question

I've had a couple made up in the UK for the non turbo and they were welded up from ally pipe. The item shown above in cast ally is by far the best solution to me, it knocks spots off every alternative that I've seen.

Edit: Removed the price query after reading the thread and seeing the answer of £25.

Last edited by WillyHeckaslike; 29th August 2020 at 08:44..
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2020, 09:00   #40
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
I've had a couple made up in the UK for the non turbo and they were welded up from ally pipe. The item shown above in cast ally is by far the best solution to me, it knocks spots off every alternative that I've seen.
Edit: Removed the price query after reading the thread and seeing the answer of £25.
If you discover where they can be obtained, I'm pretty sure there are members with a keen interest in one.

TC