Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th March 2020, 14:32   #11
Ray L
Avid contributor

rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Ian, those 15 mods do not generally form part of underwriting criteria.
I think the remap must be advised.
Ray L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2020, 15:12   #12
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
I know this has been raised before, but always interesting to update. Has anyone secured "agreed value" insurance for a sum appreciably more than "market value" and if so with whom and with what sort of conditions (e.g mileage restriction etc)? I ask because I am currently spending considerably more than my car is worth on a complete engine rebuild, and it would be nice to know if I could recover at least some of the outlay in the event of the car subsequently suffering a serious accident/write off.
A fair question. I have the extra write off cover for 3K. The premium for the extra write off was £40. When I moved from London to Bristol last November my insurance dropped by £100 on renewal. In February the annual premium including fully comp and the write off cover came to £252, that’s with 17 years NCB. 2 named drivers on the policy, SDP, Thatcham immobiliser, no offences, 5,000 miles p.a, key cover, legal cover and all mods declared.

The policy requires proof of annual mileage with a copy of the MOT sent in and 7 photographs: engine bay, both sides of the car, the rear, the front, internal views of the front seats and dash, internal view of the rear seats. The photos are not returned.

If I want the write off cover for more than 3K, I would have to pay a higher premium and the amount has to be agreed with the underwriter. If it’s very high say, £20,000 plus, an inspection of the vehicle may be required.

If I decide not to have the extra write off cover, the policy reverts to fully comp.
Arranged by Adrian Flux.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2020, 20:26   #13
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Ian, those 15 mods do not generally form part of underwriting criteria.
I think you are right but if I declare all mods, there should not be an issue in the event of a claim. The remap perhaps being the most important one as it is performance.
I would always recommend declaring mods.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2020, 20:27   #14
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Fax View Post
Hahaha, you lot with your cheap insurance. Just got mine from Direct Line... £889!

I do, however have 9 points and a total loss write off when my Fiesta ST got stolen in November of last year.
have you learnt yet?

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2020, 21:50   #15
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

I realise that Quotes differ for different areas but always give Adrian Flux a call just for a laugh and to make myself feel better about the price that I eventually get from other companies.

Their quotes for me are always about £300 - £400 more than what I pay elsewhere.

Mind you Saga must be the champs at made up ludicrous quotes I don't think that I've ever had one for less than £800 off them ( no points and full no claims)
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2020, 22:06   #16
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

There is always a reason for disparity between companies. It is largely the client base of a particular company that determines their rating system beyond industry-wide factors. The underwriters have profitability targets like any other company and as a result 'segmentation' is usual. If there was no apathy in the market (or auto-renewal) then everybody would be paying the same. I worked for years in the industry and my policyholders often saw me as the insurer. So the personal standing was an additional factor.
Old 7th March 2020, 15:33   #17
drewbie
Loves to post

Rover 75 Club SE 1.8T 03 plate.

Default Cpa

I've just cancelled my insurance direct debit, definitely no reward for being a loyal customer. Have taken out a new policy via one of the price comparison sites, paying with my debit card. Every company I looked at I had to agree to a CPA (continued payment agreement), If I don't wish to renew I just have to phone and tell them. Has anyone ever had difficulty cancelling such an arrangement or am I worrying about nothing.
drewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2020, 16:16   #18
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

When, if, you want to cancel an agreement, don't do it online. In writing, and recorded delivery direct to the insurer at their registered address at least one month before the final amount. I've had struggles with service providers who ignore you and threaten legal action, then issue demands for non-payment. On line can be deniable and frequently is.