Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 2nd July 2021, 17:39   #21
AndrewJames
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

How have you got on?
AndrewJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2021, 19:10   #22
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

Hi Andrew pleased to report i have just sat down with a nice cold glass of pepsi to celebrate completing the problem side leaving the os front to do sunday afternoon/monday as busy till then. The usual happened, all things that where supposed to be tough where easy and vice versa lol. Got some photos to upload later and also noted the suspect faulty damper leaked some fluid out when i removed the spring and pushed it down fully so clearly knackerd.

Yesterday evening i managed to remove both pinch bolts even though only went out to jack the car up and squirt some plusgas around ready for today .

This afternoon the sun came out making it hard work and it was hell trying to get the new spring compressed enough as the horshoe compression fittings need to be 4 springs apart for it to fit togethor and the room at the bottom is tight like that. Had to use big lump hammer to tap the shoe out after disassembly of the spring compressor left the bottom shoe sitting between damper bottom and spring. at one point thought i might need another spring compressor to free the first compressor lol.

very tired and achey but its all good.

And here it is lol

Renew auxiliary drive belt # Replace driver door lock actuator # Refurbish wheels

Last edited by Retap; 2nd July 2021 at 19:17..
Retap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2021, 20:46   #23
AndrewJames
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Haha spring compressors can be a frustrating exercise! Bet you were glad to get that first one done. Well done and enjoy the Pepsi! The other side is now bound to be easier... Maybe
Old 3rd July 2021, 12:39   #24
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

Default still ache

lol yeah and i still ache all over but nice n cool today thankfully. Hoping for same dull overcast summer day tomorrow and Monday to finish off.

So bought new strut top nuts form Rimmers last week for the job but they don't fit, possibly different pitch thread so had to use the old one.
Stuff like this irks me along with not receiving the hub pinch bolts with the struts when DMGRS state they come supplied with the strut! Just glad i had foresight to get a pair a while back and kept safe in the special MG bits n bobs box but all these little bits start to add up.

Renew auxiliary drive belt # Replace driver door lock actuator # Refurbish wheels
Old 3rd July 2021, 15:00   #25
AndrewJames
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Maybe get in touch with Mat/Scott @dmgrs, they're sound guys and keen to resolve any issues
Old 3rd July 2021, 19:12   #26
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJames View Post
Maybe get in touch with Mat/Scott @dmgrs, they're sound guys and keen to resolve any issues

it would have been a call if it held the job up m8 but as is nae bother...

Old 3rd July 2021, 21:45   #27
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retap View Post
it would have been a call if it held the job up m8 but as is nae bother...
It might help the next guy who buys the parts from where you got yours.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2021, 21:54   #28
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
It might help the next guy who buys the parts from where you got yours.---

It would i'm sure of it prevent some frustration for that guy but perhaps it was a one off oversight you like to think so dont ya. I did check the boxes after i posted that to make sure they were not hiding somewhere tbh but not found. No doubt I shall email Matt to let him know in time.

Its definitely coming home

Old 4th July 2021, 22:00   #29
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

Managed to get done today Hurrah! Both wheels are the same distance now and the clunk is gone hurrah!

However, the brake pad warning light came on woops and there is a slight crunch sound when going over speed bumps from that NS front that used to clunk but the drive is much tighter cant wait to test it on a long run later in week.
I do wonder if that NS CV joint might be on its way or maybe even the gearbox mount as those are all thats left to renew apart from the subframe off and drive shaft bearing which seems solid when pulled at.

Wheel back off tomorrow to fix the brake pad sensor Arctic style.

Last edited by Retap; 4th July 2021 at 22:19..
Old 4th July 2021, 23:24   #30
Ducati750cc
Loves to post

Rover75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retap View Post
Managed to get done today Hurrah! Both wheels are the same distance now and the clunk is gone hurrah!

However, the brake pad warning light came on woops and there is a slight crunch sound when going over speed bumps from that NS front that used to clunk but the drive is much tighter cant wait to test it on a long run later in week.
I do wonder if that NS CV joint might be on its way or maybe even the gearbox mount as those are all thats left to renew apart from the subframe off and drive shaft bearing which seems solid when pulled at.

Wheel back off tomorrow to fix the brake pad sensor Arctic style.

Was the piston rod damaged ?