Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 26th February 2022, 13:02   #131
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
That’s a good point, new members will join up, but how many will stick around if the social side of things isn’t very active?
Since I took over the shop, 3/12/19, we have had 98 new members sign up.

So far this year I have attended 5 meets. Got another tomorrow, for all cars not only MG & Rovers.
Next week I’m off to the gin distillery, it was supposed to be a joint meet between us and the Cornish MGOC. But I couldn’t get anyone interested in doing the tour. And the CMGOC have now cancelled. So just me going.

232750. Over 3 months since I drove Banana.

onen hag oll
Old 26th February 2022, 17:36   #132
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

We need to take a leaf out of the MGOC, lots of local meets, a great national meet set up and a superb spares set up.
Old 26th February 2022, 19:30   #133
dave lincs
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
We need to take a leaf out of the MGOC, lots of local meets, a great national meet set up and a superb spares set up.
You are spot on there Trikey let's got some meets arranged in our local areas with or without the backing of the green team
Old 27th February 2022, 19:10   #134
GJ53 DGO
Gets stuck in

MG-ZT 260SE

It will be a great shame and a loss to the club if the 'green team' don't take stock of the bad feeling and take up some of the suggestions being put forward on this thread. It is starting to feel more like a dictatorship than a friendly and welcoming club....anyone fancy invading the Ukraine?
Old 27th February 2022, 19:36   #135
dave lincs
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norfolk Ninja View Post
This is a great event and we should all be grateful to Dave for organising it. Where else can you see 75s, MGs and a Lancaster bomber. And have ice cream for breakfast which you have to do according to my granddaughter!
Let's make this an annual event and an official national meet.
Thank you Graham for your response to this but as yet I have still not had offer of any help from the Green Team I will be running a meet at east kirkby this year but it looks very unlikely that it will promote or advertise this owners club
Old 27th February 2022, 20:37   #136
maxi_crawf
Posted a thing or two

R75 Saloon Conn CDT SE, MG ZT190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave lincs View Post
Thank you Graham for your response to this but as yet I have still not had offer of any help from the Green Team I will be running a meet at east kirkby this year but it looks very unlikely that it will promote or advertise this owners club
I wouldn't worry Dave, it appears that they are not really interested, perhaps we should declare UDI

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Old 27th February 2022, 23:02   #137
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote:
How many of us are still going to longbridge on the 23rd I wonder? The green team have let the club down on this one which is a shame as there will not be a club stand as planned, I feel as a club if we are going to survive is to have more club meetings at either regular venues or other places arranged by club members and get this green team lack of support sorted out while we still have a club
There will be a club stand at POL, I've started a thread and have been in contact with the POL organising committee.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=317038

Currently I believe that none of the green team are able to attend which is a shame

I will also be organising the Gretna meet in July/August.

It's a shame there isn't going to be a national meet but I agree awe need to have more. Anyone can organise a meet and if course you can invite who you like personally I love it like at East Kirby where there is a massive variety of cars to see

Last edited by Simondi; 27th February 2022 at 23:06..
Old 28th February 2022, 07:31   #138
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

I will now be attending POL.

I’m doing my best to support the club and those that organise local meets and get together’s, but it’s not easy. As most of you know that once upon a time I would travel miles to attend a meet, I would travel up to Newcastle to the metro centre meets and home again in one day.

232750. Over 3 months since I drove Banana.

onen hag oll
Old 28th February 2022, 08:59   #139
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
I will now be attending POL.

I’m doing my best to support the club and those that organise local meets and get together’s, but it’s not easy. As most of you know that once upon a time I would travel miles to attend a meet, I would travel up to Newcastle to the metro centre meets and home again in one day.
Bob, I don't think anyone doubts your dedication to the club you have been an avid supporter of the club, and Flying Banana is recognised wherever she goes,
it just seems there is a lack of interest from the Green Team, I know they have their own lives to meet and we are a growing club and we need to show our new members we are interested in them. Bob it would be a great shame if you were the only one to show up and represent us.

Rev.
Old 28th February 2022, 09:07   #140
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote:
I'm not green team (anymore) but hope to be there albeit birth of grandchild no2 is expected in early July
Closed Thread