Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th March 2022, 16:12   #11
bonny
Regular poster

ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post
It is a way to strangle the use of private car ownership and usage and force people onto "Public" transport that is not there.
I often sit in traffic in South London when visiting the cemetery to tend to family graves.
I watch the buses go past in the bus lanes alongside with maybe half a dozen people on board a huge double decker, and I think to myself "Maybe I should submit a proposal to Sadiq Khan explaining how he could reduce traffic queues and therefore pollution by simply getting rid of bus lanes". Then I come to my senses and realise that wouldn't raise any money so he wouldn't be interested 😉
I could use 2 buses to get to the cemetery but I don't think the drivers would be too pleased when I ask them to help me bring aboard all the tools I need to take with me
bonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2022, 20:52   #12
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Blimey! the private motor car looks to be public enemy number one these days They're now calling for all new house builds to limit car parking space to a maximum of one, All other vehicles will have to be moved off site to the edge of the development to encourage active travel https://www.transport-network.co.uk/...ity-says/17643
I wonder if the PM and other ministers will be issued with bicycles to get them about and do away with expensive Jags and RRs, not forgetting the customery accompanying security people I think they should be given scooters.

This way they not only be doing their bit to meeting carbon neutrality but more importantly be seen to be. Just an idea?.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2022, 21:24   #13
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Reading all of this makes me really glad to have
moved to France to live.---Big country with lots of land.--I could easily park 50 cars in my garden.--

Painting the garden wall ( about 1/4 of a mile round is a bit of a chore.---Not too bad really as I spray it.-----
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2022, 22:06   #14
richw
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

The end game is pretty simple. Private vehicles will be for elites (multi millionaires) only. Everyone else will walk. Or if you are good, you will use some of your social credit points to book a journey on a driverless car to an approved destination. Delightful.
richw is offline   Reply With Quote