Notices

Old 7th April 2022, 17:20   #11
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
If you get the chance, pick up a set of headphones with Bluetooth ANC active noise cancelling. I use a set of over ear Bluetooth Sony headphones which suppresses screaming children etc on the flight.

I also bought another Bluetooth device which plugs into the headphone socket in the seat which sends a signal to the wireless headphones and allows me to listen to the inflight entertainment without any wires getting in the way.

That’s great news you are flying business class, you will get priority check in and priority boarding. What a treat,
Sorry I meant as in shock, no chance business class, more like cattle class for us. Good tip for headphones, thanks

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2022, 17:35   #12
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
thank you, I hope you continue to improve. Is your chest sore? Mine was for a few weeks. Did you ever feel as if the grim reaper was with you? I fell asleep on the table and woke up again before the op...... I was all alone

Try not to look backwards and worry about your heart. Summer is coming, try to get out.

We have not seen our son for over 2 years, the wife cries when she talks to him and cannot wait to see him. I think it is a mum thing, at 28 and a few inches taller then her, he is still her little boy. We both wish he was here in the UK but neither of us will tell him that as we do not want to pressure him or make him feel guilty, his happiness comes before ours.

macafee2
An emotional roller coaster for all of you to have to work through, but it will be lovely to see your son. Hopefully he is doing well.

Thank you for your insights into my heart event. There are no ambulances here, so when I collapsed at home, I had to be carried to the car and driven to the hospital. Then I was wheeled into resuscitation where the team were waiting for me. Like yourself the chest pain was bad and it’s only recently improved. I was told in resusc how one of the heart valves was not working properly and the electrical activity making the heart beat irregular was erratic. A doctor said had I arrived in A&E an hour later, I would not have survived.

At that point I felt quite vulnerable, but I didn’t think my number was up. Being moved to ICU was quite reassuring as I was in my own room/cubicle with a doctor and 2 nurses 24/7.

Having a heart attack is a blow to the self confidence which I know you understand. Thank you for your advice and reassurance, a big help.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote