Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th April 2022, 08:39   #1
RegalRover
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Retrofitting an Electric Sunblind...

Morning everyone

Thinking about sticking in an electric sunblind to my Connoisseur to add some SE features. I have read some other posts on this topic but I might as well ask just to clarify some things.

First off, how would I know if the wiring is or is not in place?

Secondly, which might sound stupid, do I only need the sunblind itself and the switch or is there more that I need?

And last of all, how tricky is it to do so? As I know nothing about mechanics..!

Any help appreciated
Many Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 09:44   #2
Schotten
Loves to post

75 Saloon

Morning, should be a simple fit. I did it with my connoisseur a few years ago. The cables at both ends should be there all taped up. Getting the old shelf out is the easiest part. If I recall I took all the trim off around the back seats (folded down of course!), you’ll find the plug taped back in there. Behind the switch panel you‘ll find the corresponding switch plug taped back too, have a look it should be there (I think green?). Now the fun part is to get the new one into the tight space and makes sure it sits down correctly at the back, just under rear screen. Careful not to damage/dislodge any other cables there. Put all back in place. Go play with new toy!
Schotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2022, 09:54   #3
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

There is a how to in pdf. format. Click on this https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/ind...?thepage=howto and scroll down the page until you see it.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2022, 21:41   #4
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

start at the dash end and try to locate the plug connection behind the switch panel first. if the wiring is already in place at the front there , then the rear screen loom will be there too. i think after 2002 some were not fitted with looms on all models , up to the club s.e , due to project drive. however you may be lucky . the plugs can be difficult to find behind the dash panel and will be taped back on the loom ,out of the way , if they are there. as mentioned previously there is a post or two on here to help. be carefull of the heated screen wiring as there is not much room in there to remove the panels. i hope you are reasonably fit to do the job , as you will find out im sure. ...
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2022, 14:20   #5
maxi_crawf
Posted a thing or two

R75 Saloon Conn CDT SE, MG ZT190+

As per pervious comments see if you have the wiring already installed and taped up, then all you need are the electric blind already in the shelf (complete) or the blind to put in your existing shelf (the cut out lines are already on the back of the shelf and the dash switch) it can be a faff but once done you then have the benefit of a rear blind, all I would say is they tend not to get used much so its worth running it up and down once a week or so, I fitted one in my 190+ which already had the wiring installed.
maxi_crawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2022, 10:08   #6
Mogodon
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 135+ Diesel Auto Mk2. Nisan Micra 1.4 SVE Auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsport View Post
start at the dash end and try to locate the plug connection behind the switch panel first. if the wiring is already in place at the front there , then the rear screen loom will be there too. i think after 2002 some were not fitted with looms on all models , up to the club s.e , due to project drive. however you may be lucky . the plugs can be difficult to find behind the dash panel and will be taped back on the loom ,out of the way , if they are there. as mentioned previously there is a post or two on here to help. be carefull of the heated screen wiring as there is not much room in there to remove the panels. i hope you are reasonably fit to do the job , as you will find out im sure. ...
The loom was all there in place in my 2004 facelift ZT when mine was retrofitted.
Plenum spyhole mod. Powerflow backbox. 11 spoke alloys repainted Black Sparkle. Black Expansion tank. Drivers side cup holder. PPD carpeted heater box sides. Illuminated sun visors, PPD Door reflectors. PPD Seatbelt lower mount bolt covers. PPD Drivers grab handle. Cubby rechargeable torch and power socket. FBH retro-fitted. FBH engine pre-heater mod done. Electric rear Sunblind. Tow bar. Flip key. MGR towing mirrors and Saloon roof bars.

Hand Built in Birmingham
Mogodon is offline   Reply With Quote