Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th May 2022, 05:22   #1
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts
Default Australia

Australia, well we made to there and back. My god the flight from Brisbane to Manchester via a stop at Doha is long.
Despite Brisbane suffering flooding end of February beginning of March there was hardly any signs of it.

It was alas a mixed time, great to see our son but a couple of days into the holiday we found out our daughter had lost the baby she was expecting. We tried not to be upset when we were with our son as we feel that would have spoilt the time he spent with us but then felt guilty if we were enjoying ourselves.

Brisbane city centre was very clean, tall and modern. Not many old buildings but those that are there, seem dwarfed by modern tall ones.
They have a great road running along the river so traffic can avoid the city centre. Separate from it and lower down at the rivers edge is a very good combined cycle, electric scooter and skateboard path with a pedestrian path running along side.

For busses there is no onboard payment, you need to buy a Go card from some shops or perhaps train stations and you top the card up with money. You can get a refund of the money if you do not use all you put on the card. We got 2 free trips thanks to kind bus drivers as we did not know we needed a card and that there was no onboard payment for the first journey and once there could not buy a card to get back.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2022, 07:18   #2
mbev51
Banned

Removed

My favourite country.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote