Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 8th May 2022, 07:57   #1
NewDoc
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Spending a day making friends

We had the pleasure of spending the day with Macafee2 and his family on Saturday. Having reached out to the forum for a tow bar he kindly responded that he had one so of we went, my missus and me, to his place to get said tow bar. On arrival we were greeted warmly and after a cup of tea we set to removing it from the donor car. It didn't want to give it up easily and fought us on virtually every bolt but we persisted and got the blessed thing off. We had a fun time cussing and joking and got mucky hands playing with a Rover 75, we made new friends and all in all had a great day. This is what the forum is about, having fun, making friends and keeping these cantankerous but wonderful cars on the road.
Born: 2003-10-20 @14:58:12
NewDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2022, 08:15   #2
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewDoc View Post
We had the pleasure of spending the day with Macafee2 and his family on Saturday. Having reached out to the forum for a tow bar he kindly responded that he had one so of we went, my missus and me, to his place to get said tow bar. On arrival we were greeted warmly and after a cup of tea we set to removing it from the donor car. It didn't want to give it up easily and fought us on virtually every bolt but we persisted and got the blessed thing off. We had a fun time cussing and joking and got mucky hands playing with a Rover 75, we made new friends and all in all had a great day. This is what the forum is about, having fun, making friends and keeping these cantankerous but wonderful cars on the road.
There is a school of thought which says that fun and friends are for the weak. Real men do not long for or enjoy such excesses!

You've just reminded me as to why I never attend club meets. All those helpful, friendly people would be just too much.

Cantankerous cars deserve cantankerous owners!
Old 8th May 2022, 08:45   #3
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
There is a school of thought which says that fun and friends are for the weak. Real men do not long for or enjoy such excesses!

You've just reminded me as to why I never attend club meets. All those helpful, friendly people would be just too much.

Cantankerous cars deserve cantankerous owners!
I am not cantankerous, just grumpy
macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2022, 08:51   #4
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Dave, it was good to meet you and your wife, what a women to get her hands dirty and get involved with removing the tow bar. thank you for the charity donation, I am the train of thought "what goes around comes around" so let us help others.

A bit more thought on my part and I would have used penetrating oil in the days leading up to you visiting and the bolts may have come undone easier. It just never occurred to me and that two bar kicked and screamed all the way off.
Once you went I had to cook keema nan and a chicken curry for us all, followed by watching the Liverpool match

good luck fitting the tow bar.

Ian
Old 8th May 2022, 13:37   #5
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
I am not cantankerous, just grumpy
macafee2
I have to confess that your willingness to help others and your generosity are mind blowing.
Old 8th May 2022, 15:33   #6
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
I have to confess that your willingness to help others and your generosity are mind blowing.
Is that good mind blowing or bad mind blowing?
There are many better members then me on this forum.

macafee2
Old 10th May 2022, 09:42   #7
NewDoc
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

I think, before this turns into a mutual appreciation club, that if we all helped each other just a little bit the world would be a nicer place to live #it's good to talk.
Born: 2003-10-20 @14:58:12
NewDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2022, 14:18   #8
MSS
This is my second home

Quote:
I think, before this turns into a mutual appreciation club, that if we all helped each other just a little bit the world would be a nicer place to live #it's good to talk.

I agree. Every man should aim to leave the world a slightly better place.

Hang on, this is sounding like agreement and perhaps even mutual appreciation!
Old 10th May 2022, 15:19   #9
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

I’ve made loads of friends through being a member on this forum. And it’s through these friends I now live in Cornwall. On the negative side I have made a few not so good friends, especially when I joined the Green team.

But that’s what the club is all about helping one and other out. Lots of good people on here who are happy to give up time to help out whether it’s with physical work, verbal advice or sending spares free of charge.

232750. Over 3 months since I drove Banana.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2022, 18:44   #10
polinsteve
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
I’ve made loads of friends through being a member on this forum. And it’s through these friends I now live in Cornwall. On the negative side I have made a few not so good friends, especially when I joined the Green team.

But that’s what the club is all about helping one and other out. Lots of good people on here who are happy to give up time to help out whether it’s with physical work, verbal advice or sending spares free of charge.
When I had my S and X types I joined 2 Jaguar fora. The knowledge and assistance was virtually non-existent. Not a patch on this one.
polinsteve is offline   Reply With Quote