Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th July 2015, 09:25   #1
Frank Incensed
Ex 75 Owner

75 Tourerless

Default Rear Springs - After 5 Years I Know What It Had

In the picture, the left spring is original with 10 years, 124,000 miles. The right spring is an Anschler with approx 3 years, 30,000 miles!
There's no spring code label under the rear seat and the garage that replaced the broken right spring 3 years ago simply used a spring purchased from their supplier.
To be fair to Anschler, the left rear spring perhaps dries out quicker because of its proximity to the back box and is therefore less prone to rust?
I've had them replaced with a pair of Kilen heavy duty springs
The car now rides higher at the back and doesn't look as though it's permanently carrying a load. The gap between the tyres and wheel arches now match, front to rear.
The rear shocks were just starting to leak so I've had those replaced with a pair of Anschlers, which I tested against a new KYB at Jules' place. I understand from Jules that some 75 owners have complained the KYB shocks give a harsher ride than the originals. I fully compressed a new Anschler and a new KYB. The Anschler took approximately half the time the KYB did to fully extend again.
After about 100 miles, my impression is that the car rolls less at the back on corners and jiggles less on bumps. I've also got more clearance for the mudflaps on the Manchester speed bumps and I've not had one catch yet.

355188 of 355194

Last edited by Frank Incensed; 26th July 2015 at 09:48.. Reason: mistake
Frank Incensed is offline   Reply With Quote