Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 25th September 2015, 08:07   #1
carguy143
This is my second home

MG ZT 190+

Default Having to say goodbye to the Nocturne 190 (for sale soon)

Well.
After moving house and now facing a commute of 60+ miles a day, it's time to let the 190 go.

The MOT is due on 16 October however the inlet manifold is rattling a lot, the thermostat has a slight leak, there's a small patch of rust on the bottom of one of the front wings and the coolant needs topping up after a few hundred miles. The car itself has done 193000 miles however it runs on LPG, has heated electric memory seats(part leather, bordering excellent condition, no rips or holes), projector lights, adams and webb backbox black oak dash, cruise and driver intelligence pack. In the last 12 months it's had new front springs, tyres, rear discs and pads, service including plugs. I have done what I can to keep on top of the car where possible and I will be sad to see it go however I have just lost interest in doing all these jobs myself due to my long commutes, new house and family commitments.

I know it's not going to be worth much with such a short MOT however the car is now currently SORN. What could it possibly be worth to someone on here?

I'm currently waiting for the logbook to come back from DVLA as I'm keeping my personal plate. I'll give it a quick wash and get pictures up soon.

Oh, for those interested, the replacement is this: a 2007 Mondeo Titanium X diesel with all the toys bar sat nav. Obviously it's no MG but with sports suspension, plenty of torque, loads of space and good fuel economy it's a compromise between sports and sensibility.

Rik.

It may not happen very often but if I say something helpful please hit the "thanks" button as it helps other users.

Thank you.

No. 16 of only 52 Nocturne Blue 75/ZT ever produced. ONLY TEN of these were ZT 190+

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-uk/263467.png

Last edited by carguy143; 25th September 2015 at 08:14..
carguy143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2015, 12:37   #2
rich17865
This is my second home

Transit Connect

Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,095 Posts

Sorry to see you selling up Rik But glad to hear family life is taking over instead

Hope the Ford diesel does you well and good luck with the sale
rich17865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2015, 14:05   #3
carguy143
This is my second home

MG ZT 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich17865 View Post
Sorry to see you selling up Rik But glad to hear family life is taking over instead

Hope the Ford diesel does you well and good luck with the sale
Thanks Rich. I'll still try and call down at the Hollow Tree meets when I can. I promise I'll park away from the rest of you.

It may not happen very often but if I say something helpful please hit the "thanks" button as it helps other users.

Thank you.

No. 16 of only 52 Nocturne Blue 75/ZT ever produced. ONLY TEN of these were ZT 190+

Old 25th September 2015, 14:06   #4
vindaloo
Ex Owner

MX-5 ND2 RF

Sorry to see you leave the fold Rik, but the best of luck for the future.. Why not bring the Mondeo to a Hollow Tree meet, you will as always be most welcome.
As for the ZT, I will probably be shot for suggesting this but the sum of it's parts is greater than the whole, if you get my meaning.
vindaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2015, 14:39   #5
carguy143
This is my second home

MG ZT 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindaloo View Post
Sorry to see you leave the fold Rik, but the best of luck for the future.. Why not bring the Mondeo to a Hollow Tree meet, you will as always be most welcome.
As for the ZT, I will probably be shot for suggesting this but the sum of it's parts is greater than the whole, if you get my meaning.
100% Jim. It's a sad truth however I am realistic in my expectations. If someone wants to swap the manifold and sort the stat it would be a great car however with the mileage I would understand people's reluctance to do so.

This club and the other Northwest members, yourself included have been fantastic over the years and I wouldn't want to give up on that just yet.

Rik.

Thank you.

Old 25th September 2015, 17:59   #6
coab
This is my second home

2007 57 GOLF GTi EDITION 30 DSG

Thanked 1,452 Times in 852 Posts

I can vouch for Carguy he bought the seats off me and a very rare set they are with the seat belt warning light. A lovely colour and a gent he is too. Good luck chap and hope all goes well.
coab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2015, 18:10   #7
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Sorry to hear your news Rik but well understand your reasons, I'll miss seeing you and the Nocturne.

Don't be a stranger though, as you well know the odd Ford already pops in at the Hollow Tree occasionally
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2015, 18:23   #8
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Congratulations on the new Ford Mondeo.

May I suggest something, could you not just keep the 190 as a hobby car. Tinker with it as and when, gives you something to do on a weekend, and those lovely long summer evenings.

In the long run you may be glad that you kept the 190, treat it as a classic.

That is the format I use for my ZT.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2015, 21:48   #9
t5tart
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT cdti

If you do decide to break her

I'd be interested in the LPG Kit

check your sunroof drains and plenum drains http://www.buddy-icons.info/img/smile/1609.gif

t5tart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2015, 14:02   #10
carguy143
This is my second home

MG ZT 190+

I'm hoping the car will go as a whole as I don't have the space or time to keep it whilst it's being broken.

Thank you.