Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd September 2016, 02:54   #1
thundercat
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Club SE

Default CDTI Auto

So, I thought that I should move out my Club SE CDTI manual and get a get a top of the range Auto. Jees, having looked on Auto Trader, Gumtree and E Bay plus other sites I am amazed that the price these are going for, up to over 2 grand in some cases, methinks that I shall keep my Club SE
thundercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2016, 04:09   #2
BRMFUN
Avid contributor

MG

It's a lot of car for £2k. I think as Rover owners we really de-value our cars.

Too many cars too little time
BRMFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2016, 09:39   #3
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

You won't get anything particularly better really (especially an auto diesel) for £2-2 1/2 grand so that surely makes them worth it

It's what I found anyway when I was looking for a car (and I wasn't specifically looking for a 75 by any means) a couple of years ago.....which is why I have a Rover 75.....
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2016, 10:34   #4
hobgoblin
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

Default Cdti

Got mine a couple of months back royal blue sandstone interior meteors 500 quid n everything works
hobgoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2016, 11:36   #5
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Yes, but just because you paid £500 for something doesn't necessarily mean it's only worth that and/or all other examples of it are therefore only worth that as well does it
Old 2nd September 2016, 15:04   #6
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

Personaly I wouldn't sell my 75 Diesel auto, certainly not at banger money.

Several of my family members have "posh" cars, but for looks and driving pleasure, I would not swop.... if I had to name a price, it would be well up in the Five six thousands,
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2016, 18:46   #7
thundercat
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Club SE

I am going to get one (if I do) from a dealer, at least I shall have the back up of the sale of goods act, getting one privately in my mind is a bit of a gamble, I shall keep looking
thundercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2016, 18:58   #8
humphshumphs
I really should get out more.......

No longer a Rover Owner

Location: As far east as you can go in the UK and not get wet feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundercat View Post
I am going to get one (if I do) from a dealer, at least I shall have the back up of the sale of goods act, getting one privately in my mind is a bit of a gamble, I shall keep looking
Hmm.... The last two cars I have bought (a 75 diesel tourer auto & a 2.5 V6 Freelander auto) were both bought from dealers.

The 75 had issues with front suspension bushes, crank pulley and a few other things and the dealer didn't want to know. Even after I dealt with trading standards he didn't really help.

The freelander (different dealer) came with cream crackered front suspension and corroded brake pipes amongst other things and even when I threatened with trading standards was basically told to go forth. As they had MOTd it, I got VOSA involved

Just 'coz. it is from a dealer doesn't mean it's going to be problem free. I've already said that I'll buy my next car privately

Unless you get from a trade dealer on here of course

No longer a 75 owner as my tourer made it to the moon, and died on it's way back. But 1/4 million miles ain't bad.

Last edited by humphshumphs; 2nd September 2016 at 19:08..
humphshumphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2016, 19:06   #9
Stickman
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundercat View Post
Jules is yr man buddy - he doesn't sell rubbish
Regards
Chris
Stickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2016, 19:43   #10
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

When I went out looking for a car I had about £3k to spend, maybe a little more if something really caught my eye - and I wanted an auto turbo diesel, more for the torque than the fuel economy. I spent ages driving around looking at nasty Fords, Vauxhals and and the rest and then I found a 75 tourer with 65k on it, service history etc for £2500. I wasn't on here then and with hindsight I would have checked the plenums before I bought it BUT Brian sorted that out for a couple of hundred quid a couple of months later and if I'd specified a Corteco crank pulley when that went then apart from a couple of bushes that's been about it - it's sailed through three MOT's now..... and that's not bad for a 12 year old car that has all the toys and is a nice place to be.

I have spent quite a lot more on unnecessary but nice stuff and I like that it's a bit different, it's also a lot more car than any Mondeo or Vectra of the same age and although a late Saab 9-5 HOT is always a temptation I'm more than happy with it for the money I paid.