Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 2nd January 2022, 09:16   #1
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Default Energy bills

Hi, I believe this year 2022, is going to be the year of the ever rising energy bill. Other things are going to have to be pushed to one side. How can we forge ahead with green policies when our poorer people cannot afford their household bills? The levelling up agenda will look silly alongside these bill increases. Perhaps you don’t like what I’m saying but I speak as someone who has seen so much poverty in my travels and who doesn’t want to see increases in the UK.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2022, 10:13   #2
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

News has warned of higher bills this year and then the use of red diesel being made illegal for certain uses will not help people.
Lets see what profit the energy (gas, water and electric) companies show at end of financial year.
I can see more people having to decide if to stay warm or not. We have struggled to stay warm and stay warm at a reasonable cost this winter. I now keep my eyes peeled for free wood for the log burner and central heating.
2021 was a shock with the electric bill. Still think all new builds should have solar panels fitted but as they are so inefficient they wont solve the problem either at the moment. The cost fitting of solar panels has to come down so it is more attractive to home owners.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2022, 10:52   #3
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

I looked on the smart meters tablet yesterday & was flabbergasted at the duel fuel bill for December, It's treble the price what we normally pay for gas & electric

We've still not got our duel fuel account sorted out with our new supplier after our old supplier Avro energy went belly up a few months ago, the price per kWh is much higher with our new energy provider.
I was talking with our next door neighbour yesterday about the high energy prices & he was saying he might go back to a pre-payment account as he's finding the monthly DD too expensive.

We upped our monthly DD amount at the beginning of December & it looks like that wont be enough judging by these meter readings.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2022, 11:33   #4
mbev51
Banned

Removed

We are the same here, the c/h oil price is high, luckily my wood supplier is holding his price of £55 a builders bag. The winters seem more milder nowadays so that helps a little. People on just the basic OA pension with no savings will struggle and face difficult decisions re food v heating.
Old 2nd January 2022, 12:01   #5
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

What temperature do you people feel is needed for comfort inside your homes?

After 25+ years of living in a 500+ year old house, we find 18 degrees comfortable and 20-22 a luxury only to be enjoyed occasionally e.g. at Christmas with the wood burner going.

During winter, with the office at 21-22 degrees, my colleagues used to be sitting there in the fleeces whereas I sit/sat there in my short sleeve shirts in the middle of winter.

In general, I think most households could reduce their inside temperatures by a couple of degrees.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2022, 16:53   #6
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

We had a competitive deal with Zebra which we expect to double having been transferred to British Gas.

Does anyone know if any of the now-defunct companies ever offered terms to customers to save their customers and business? Are we to believe that all of the surviving suppliers are charging the same rates? Does anyone smell a rat?

The smart meter campaign failed to penetrate the market in sufficient numbers to make it work so the ability to switch a supply off remotely was insufficient penetration to rely on. It's all about control of vital services and is a feature of the data grab revolution.
Old 3rd January 2022, 08:53   #7
mbev51
Banned

Removed

IMO government needs to renationalise gas and electricity.
Old 3rd January 2022, 10:21   #8
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
that will lead to inefficiency. No idea why a government run organisation is inefficient compared to private. Rubbish management?
The RNLI want to remain voluntary to save the government messing them up. Bang out of order to have such a "service" manned mainly by volunteers and not government funded but then if it runs better voluntarily I understand why.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2022, 10:26   #9
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
Goodness hope that never happens.

Governments can't run health, education, defence, the roads or anything else well for that matter. Getting their hands back on what is the critical utility of the country would be disastrous.
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2022, 10:43   #10
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
What temperature do you people feel is needed for comfort inside your homes?

No responses!
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote