Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd May 2018, 10:39   #1
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts
Default The museums at Gaydon

I'd not visited Gaydon for nearly four years, in which time they'd built the Collections Centre, I thought it was high time I had a walk round with my camcorder.

Jim
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2018, 13:20   #2
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Thanks as always for posting these up .

Like you, I haven't visited Gaydon for a few years, so it's nice to see what they've done to the place. I think a visit may be on the cards this summer.

I also have to add that I'm in awe of your steady hand with the camera. I appreciate that camcorders these days have built in stabalisation, but even so, very impressive work .

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2018, 14:16   #3
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
Thanks as always for posting these up .

Like you, I haven't visited Gaydon for a few years, so it's nice to see what they've done to the place. I think a visit may be on the cards this summer.

I also have to add that I'm in awe of your steady hand with the camera. I appreciate that camcorders these days have built in stabalisation, but even so, very impressive work .

Cliff
Cheers Cliff.

Gaydon is well worth the visit, the main halls are much improved and now have better lighting making them feel light and airy, adding the Collections Centre and Jaguar Heritage really make it the museum it should have always been.

Thanks also for your comments regarding my steady hand, granted most camcorders have some sort of stabilisation but, I have to say, some of it is down to clever editing .

There are three types of stabilisation; digital, optical and balanced optical, the CX570E I used for the Gaydon videos has optical stabilisation and still requires a reasonably steady hand. I've just invested in a camcorder with balanced optical stabilisation, unfortunately second-hand as I can't run to new, hopefully I'll now be able to add a bit more movement to my videos.

Jim

Last edited by J1MBO; 3rd May 2018 at 15:51..
Old 3rd May 2018, 17:09   #4
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

I also bought myself a camcorder a few weeks ago . Nothing expensive as I wasn't sure how much I'd use it. It has optical image stabilisation, but my footage still shakes something wicked . Really need to practice .

In the meantime, I've been spending my time trying to make a slightly more serious film from my NEC footage (rather than the "pop video" I did previously). Still the same 2 or 3 minutes of shaky video from a 'phone, as that's all I've got , but I've combined it with some still photos, some unrelated video I shot a year or so back, and some stock video from the internet and have so far bumped the length up to around 10 minutes. It's taking me flippin' ages and I'm getting to the point where I'm fed up with seeing scenes from the NEC . If nothing else though, I'll learn my way around Adobe Premiere Elements.

All good fun and it keeps me off the streets.

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2018, 17:15   #5
Roverlike
Avid contributor

Rover, few of them

Excellent as always!
Roverlike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2018, 17:57   #6
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverlike View Post
Excellent as always!
Many thanks .

Jim
Old 3rd May 2018, 18:10   #7
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Quote:
I also bought myself a camcorder a few weeks ago . Nothing expensive as I wasn't sure how much I'd use it. It has optical image stabilisation, but my footage still shakes something wicked . Really need to practice .
My advice is to move the camcorder as little as possible, for example when making a tracking shot move it as slowly as you can, it might feel wrong but it will look so much better and don't be afraid of shooting the scene more than once and choose the best, a bit like bracketing with a dslr.

Quote:
In the meantime, I've been spending my time trying to make a slightly more serious film from my NEC footage (rather than the "pop video" I did previously). Still the same 2 or 3 minutes of shaky video from a 'phone, as that's all I've got , but I've combined it with some still photos, some unrelated video I shot a year or so back, and some stock video from the internet and have so far bumped the length up to around 10 minutes. It's taking me flippin' ages and I'm getting to the point where I'm fed up with seeing scenes from the NEC . If nothing else though, I'll learn my way around Adobe Premiere Elements.

All good fun and it keeps me off the streets.

Cliff
It can get monotonous watching the same clip over and over again but that's editing.....

Still yet to download Elements and try it, never seem to have the time.

Jim
Old 3rd May 2018, 19:16   #8
Dorchester2
incurable Rover addict

Rover 75 Saloon V6 2.5 1999 - Rover 25 1.4 2002 - Rover 214i cab 1994 - Rover P5b coupe 1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1MBO View Post
I'd not visited Gaydon for nearly four years, in which time they'd built the Collections Centre, I thought it was high time I had a walk round with my camcorder.
Jim
Thank you Jim.
Very nice for those overseas guys living abroad.
I thought at some moments I were there!
Fab!
  • This vehicle was the 2,032nd 75 in Atlantic Blue Pearlescent (code: JEY) to be made out of 2,572 Atlantic Blue Pearlescent 75s
Dorchester2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2018, 19:20   #9
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorchester2 View Post
Thank you Jim.
Very nice for those overseas guys living abroad.
I thought at some moments I were there!
Fab!
Many thanks Arnaud .

Jim