Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd August 2011, 20:07   #11
craig8661
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 tourer cdt

i will get it tested and regassed or resealed then gassed will ask them to top mine up as well
mods so far synergy 2
heated washer jets
cant really add anything else as it has it all lol
craig8661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2020, 06:25   #12
oz tourer

rover75 club tourer

Unhappy

Hi guys new to this business. My a/c stopped working had it diagnosed appears fan is u/s this is a diesel tourer and i am in OZ cant find replacement parts new, used, non genuine any help please.
oz tourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2020, 08:11   #13
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz tourer View Post
Hi guys new to this business. My a/c stopped working had it diagnosed appears fan is u/s this is a diesel tourer and i am in OZ cant find replacement parts new, used, non genuine any help please.
You need to start by finding out whether it is a two or three speed fan. The three speed is the older type and more problematic motor wise.

The two speed commonly suffers from an undersized low speed resistor failing. The silver resistor is sometimes visible through the front grill and is upgraded with a larger, higher wattage gold coloured item. This is an easy fix.

The problematic three speed motor, can be swapped to a two speed - speak to Jules, in north Wales.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2020, 08:32   #14
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Hello Jim and to the club.

Here is the genuine MG Rover 2 speed replacement fan for your diesel. As you can see it's a horrendous price and it comes with the "problematic" (to borrow Harry's phrase ) silver resistor which has a limited life.

The first thing to do is to look at the fan through the radiator grille. Can you see a rectangular silver resistor with a wire at each end mounted on the shrouding at about the two o'clock position?

If YES then you have a 2 speed system. The higher wattage "gold" resistor will fix it but you'll need to solder it in yourself. They're available from club trader Jules and eBay.

If NO then you have a 3 speed system. This will require the motor to be dismantled to solder in a new brush (maybe two). Again, this is a DIY job. Buy a custom-made set here which costs £35 including delivery to Australia. Avoid the cheaper eBay offerings. They will only last five minutes.

On the other hand if you're not at all DIY-minded, as Harry says you'll either need one of Jules' aftermarket replacements (expensive) which will need to be wired to your existing control box or a second-hand system from eBay which must be from a diesel.

That's it in a nutshell!

Simon