Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 28th September 2019, 15:12   #1
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts
Default can you understand my

fear, worry, concern?

Last year with help from the forum I changed the clutch, slave and master cylinder on my newly acquired Tourer. 10 months on and the clutch has failed.
Taking advice from the technical section have been unable to prove the fault, no ones fault, all good advice.

I think I may need to remove the gearbox and look at the slave but for me, this is perhaps 4 days work if all goes well. I'll probably take more then 4 days. What, if having spent all that time, and having members actually helping me the salve is good?

I'll feel a fool wasting all that time and not spending it with my wife, whom I love dearly and for wasting members time. Can you understand my fear, worry, concern?

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2019, 16:00   #2
Russel
Loves to post

Mg zt-t

Ian you can't be like that at the end of the day we are all in the same boat when it comes to these things the 3rd option is sell it and save all the worry

I had the clutch go on mine the day I got it I feel your pain and I'm here if you need me mate
Russel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2019, 16:10   #3
cbr1100xx
Gets stuck in

VW touareg

I've been following your posts with interest as I had the same issue at the same time....I hope I was lucky and mine just needed fluid and a bleed.
It seems you have exhausted all avenues in your fault finding and have no other option.
The way I see it is you have a group of local members who are willing to help out and sort it.
That is a good thing and I don't see it as a waste of time and effort even if it is not the slave at fault and I'm sure your volunteers will say the same.
I'm sure your wife will be helping out with teas and coffees or just give her some cash and send her shopping , works with my better half.
It seems to come across as you think you are wasting people's time but if they didn't want to help , they wouldn't have offered.
I hope you do find something wrong in there and it's an easy fix.

Stan