Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 24th July 2019, 08:00   #31
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

I am perfectly aware of the status of HS2 and exactly what is a company limited by guarantee. Hence my carefully chosen words. The set-up is similar to many academy schools.

HS2 the company is "funded in aid" by the government i.e. is funded with public money.

Rather than worrying about specific words, the key question to ask oneself is this. "which entity owns the programme level risk and will absorb any impacts when the unknowns or risks mature?". It is the government as HS2 limited has no funds of its own.

As you acknowledge, the government and HS2 itself describe the company as a public body. But the key facts are the funding source and ownership of risk and impacts. HS2 limited is not a private contractor in the traditional sence.

I notice that you did not comment on the main point in my response to Christopher - that there is not "the contractor" that is commercially liable for the overall HS2 contract. HS2 is being delivered through hundreds of contracts with commercial entities for different projects within the programme. So the buck stops with the HS2 programme and the DfT for the overall cost of HS2.

Last edited by MSS; 24th July 2019 at 08:13..
Old 24th July 2019, 08:33   #32
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Your post supports what I said, it wont clear the dole, thank you.
Why call it obscured then say only 10% which supports what I said??????
Sorry, being dyslexic I did not see where you answered the question about how many jobs are unfulfilled, could you repeat the answer?

macafee2

Really, no!

A general comment for the benefit of all posters. In our considerations of the world, should we not allow for the possibility that there may just be a few competent individuals outside the boundaries of this forum?

Last edited by MSS; 24th July 2019 at 08:39..
Old 24th July 2019, 09:34   #33
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post

Really, no!

A general comment for the benefit of all posters. In our considerations of the world, should we not allow for the possibility that there may just be a few competent individuals outside the boundaries of this forum?
Now your back posting you just cant stay away but I note, still not answering questions put to you

There are indeed competent people outside this forum.

macafee2
Old 24th July 2019, 10:09   #34
MSS
This is my second home

Quote:
Now your back posting you just cant stay away but I note, still not answering questions put to you

There are indeed competent people outside this forum.

macafee2

Well, Ian, I keep trying to get away but people keep raising points asking for responses. So, here it goes, hopefully for the last time.

Quote:
Your post supports what I said, it wont clear the dole, thank you.

macafee2

It does not, really, it does not!

Quote:
Why call it obscured then say only 10% which supports what I said??????

No - how many people are taken off the dole would be determined by how many programmes the country runs and the total size of all programmes. For example, tidying up all the litter from public places could keep a lot of people employed, make the UK tidy and given the level of wages involved, would not cost any more than the cost of paying benefits that allow those people to maintain an acceptable living standard. It is the principle that is important to accept, the scale is far less important in the first instance.

The 10% was an example, it could be 50% or 100% depending on the scale.

Quote:
Sorry, being dyslexic I did not see where you answered the question about how many jobs are unfulfilled, could you repeat the answer?

I did not say anything about unfulfilled jobs but based on official figures, there are circa 3.5% to 4.5% of the working age population that is currently not in "paid employment" i.e. working for a living as opposed being on some form of benefit. Again, whether 3.56% or 4.09% is not important, it is the principle.

Can I go now?
Old 24th July 2019, 10:54   #35
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
Well, Ian, I keep trying to get away but people keep raising points asking for responses. So, here it goes, hopefully for the last time.

It does not, really, it does not!

No - how many people are taken off the dole would be determined by how many programmes the country runs and the total size of all programmes. For example, tidying up all the litter from public places could keep a lot of people employed, make the UK tidy and given the level of wages involved, would not cost any more than the cost of paying benefits that allow those people to maintain an acceptable living standard. It is the principle that is important to accept, the scale is far less important in the first instance.

The 10% was an example, it could be 50% or 100% depending on the scale.

I did not say anything about unfulfilled jobs but based on official figures, there are circa 3.5% to 4.5% of the working age population that is currently not in "paid employment" i.e. working for a living as opposed being on some form of benefit. Again, whether 3.56% or 4.09% is not important, it is the principle.

Can I go now?

please do and try again with your self-imposed withdrawal from this forum section

mss, I will not reply to any other post you make on this thread

macafee2
Old 24th July 2019, 13:16   #36
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

Probably wise Ian - there is no reciprocity with Maninder - just word wooze to try to make himself look clever.

He invariably fails to answer the points clearly made to him whilst throwing up Strawman points based upon spurious “omissions” he accuses in others.

Always odd when someone flounces of a forum for a self imposed exile - (perhaps we could be seeing a Rover 75 on the Road to Damascus? - hopefully travelling in the correct direction!!!&#128513 - then comes back to berate someone deemed to be incorrect.

Tempted to comment but shall refrain in respect of:

1. You should remain courteous and respectful to other users of the forums at all times.
Old 24th July 2019, 15:01   #37
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Please keep it civil, no name calling or playground antics otherwise you know what will happen.

232750. Over 3 months since I drove Banana.

onen hag oll
Old 24th July 2019, 21:37   #38
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Thread closed and posts deleted.
That’s enough. You have had your chance to stay on the thread but you chose to carry on with the baiting. The thread is now closed.

232750. Over 3 months since I drove Banana.

onen hag oll
Closed Thread