Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th March 2020, 08:16   #11
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo_Somerset View Post
The car runs perfectly when warm so long as I have enough fuel in the RH tank. I suspect I may have missed connecting a hose on the filter as one of them is meant to syphon back to the RH tank ... the problem has only started since I replaced the fuel pump.
Arthur,

What you've described above is highly likely to be responsible for your starting problem and rough running. It will be apparent from a cold start because that's when engine parameters are critical. Don't waste your time pondering over sensors. Check that all the hoses in the tank are correctly fitted, that you have a clip fitted to the filter (if it's the later two part type) and if that doesn't fix it, attach a pressure gauge to the Schrader valve and measure the fuel delivery pressure. For the KV6 it should be 3.5 bar.

Simon
Old 20th March 2020, 09:10   #12
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo_Somerset View Post
this filter was a VDO filter, made in England and had 10 007 005 stamped on it.
At least two out of three of those marks appear on the top cap of the earlier filter module. This is shown below.

This version doesn't get FFS and is very difficult to dismantle. The two lifting lugs distinguish it from the later type shown next.

This is the type that gets FFS because the honeycombed cap will unscrew.

Quote:
It had , I think, 3 O-rings in it.
Logically, both types of filter assembly will need three seals.

On the basis of this info, you managed to open up the early filter and reassemble it. No mean feat. If the above is correct, you don't have FFS as such and don't require the orange clip.

You said the replacement pump isn't an original. What pump did you fit?

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2020, 01:34   #13
Rollo_Somerset

Rover 75 saloon

It had the numbers 10 007 005 stamped on the filter cartridge and labelled VDO. Just simply fitted in. yes there would be no separation as this was held in by 3 tags on the side of the filter case. I still think the problem may be with the plumbing of the filter so will have to recheck this and the hoses to and from the pump. The pump was a 3.8bar from memory and I was unable to obtain the original pump. I have 5 X 75's and all the others have the later pump. The other solution is to replace the entire unit but this is an expensive option plus I don't think the early type is being supported anymore. Have even tried VDO with no luck. I live down under so hard to get good info.
Rollo_Somerset is offline   Reply With Quote