Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st March 2020, 15:34   #1
KLM
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Club CDT

Default We know who are.

All food hoarders can be tracked and traced.
Supermarkets record and track your purchasing patterns day by day. They do this to enable their marketing research people.
Your credit card payments reveal who you are and where you live and how much you spend & buy at the supermarkets
When HM Govt thinks it time to act, this intelligence could be passed to them.
NICE.
Kev.
KLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2020, 16:04   #2
BoroRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Ooooo Big Brother watching over. I'm so glad I ain't one of the shelf emptiers...in truth, none of us should be.
BoroRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2020, 16:52   #3
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

damn no more buying food for my elderly neighbour, see, it is that simple for the data not to tell the real story but I get what you mean and to be honest, I doubt that will happen, in fact I know it wont, me buy food for my elderly neighbour that is

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2020, 17:55   #4
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLM View Post
All food hoarders can be tracked and traced.
Supermarkets record and track your purchasing patterns day by day. They do this to enable their marketing research people.
Your credit card payments reveal who you are and where you live and how much you spend & buy at the supermarkets
When HM Govt thinks it time to act, this intelligence could be passed to them.
NICE.
Kev.
hmmm I dont think legally it can, but even if the government could obtain this information, what would they do with it?name and shame them? withdraw NHS services? What of those who pay cash? Hardly makes it fair on those hoarders who paid by card?

This is a silly thought, one that is common at times when people catch stupid, which it seems to be another disease that the virus Covid 19 is responsible for.

At the end of the day, the hoarders have legally paid for excess goods, they have not broken any laws or statutes.

This whole covid 19 is getting really really silly now. It was bad enough with the social mediaites misreading headlines and panicking. But I guess with that type of panic comes the disease stupid, when people catch stupid, all logic jumps out the window, and that is when conspiracy theorist start preaching like an evangelist.

The hoarders, as one of the medical heads should rightly feel ashamed. It did not need to get to the stage where people felt the need to hoard. In the next fortnight, things will get back to normal. People will be suffering from a severe cold, and recovering then getting back on with their lives.

F*** me! I am losing hope for civilisation!

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2020, 18:23   #5
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
In the next fortnight, things will get back to normal. People will be suffering from a severe cold, and recovering then getting back on with their lives.

I'd love to believe that, but I don't.

https://twitter.com/healthdpt/status...541697/video/1
A Nigerian mother of three
andymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2020, 18:33   #6
MissMoppet
Posted a thing or two

R 75 Tourer diesel Conny 2002, V6 Conny saloon petrol 2003

Might I suggest that consulting Twitter and Facebook is the short road to insanity. Leave them alone!
Old 21st March 2020, 18:35   #7
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymc View Post
I'd love to believe that, but I don't.

https://twitter.com/healthdpt/status...541697/video/1
That comes across quite flippant, and seems as though I am dismissing the seriousness of it. Believe me I am not. However, the majority who contract it (mostly the ones who crowded into the supermarkets will be likely the main culprits, no matter how many toilet rolls they have), will experience symptoms similar to a heavy cold (OK flu like. I am referring really to the effect that it will have on the healthy), and will THEN self isolate. They will now be thinking they will be about to die, start phoning the doctor, going to A and E etc. (hopefully being chased away). All the while still causing chaos for everyone else, with their self entitlement (hmm BMW Audi owners I wonder). Then after a week, they start to feel better, after two, they are fit enough to go back to their normal lives, with the wake of their selfishness behind them still causing chaos (just like the BMW driver crossing from lane 2 on the M5 to lane 3 of the M2 at Greencastle - everybody else having to deal with it).

The majority will be able to deal with it (and recover), but there are those that cannot, and it is those who will suffer because of those who have developed stupid from it. And it is them, that I fear for.

Last edited by clf; 21st March 2020 at 18:39..
Old 21st March 2020, 18:36   #8
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMoppet View Post
Might I suggest that consulting Twitter and Facebook is the short road to insanity. Leave them alone!
did you look to see whose twitter account it was? or listen to the person speaking? (although I do agree with your sentiment - but background is important)

Old 21st March 2020, 20:10   #9
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMoppet View Post
The twitter link is from the account of the NI Department of Health. It features a short video from a respiratory consultant providing some cogent information. Maybe watch it before dismissing it.

@ clf - I completely agree with your comments about the the stupidity of panic buyers etc, and I find their behaviour intensely frustrating and contemptible. I wish people were capable of responding rationally - not going into a frenzy of panic-buying, but not dismissing the whole thing as "fake news" or "much ado about nothing" either. The latter is not the opposite of the former! As you say, the issue with the insouciant "it's just a bad flu" brigade is that most of them will catch this disease and live through it with no long-term effects, but are highly likely to pass it on to others who will not be as lucky.

I've seen a lot of comments dismissing the risks on the basis that the virus has only claimed the lives of people with pre-existing comditions, as though these people's lives were somehow less important or less valuable. I doubt anyone would refer to the death of such a person in a hit-and-run or whatever with comments along the lines of "Ah well, he was old and unwell, he didn't have much time left anyway". But in any case, it isn't just the old and infirm who are at serious risk - I just watched an Italian doctor talk on the news about how it is most certainly not only a threat to the elderly, pointing out that she has colleagues in their 40s and 50s who are now in intensive care.

An elderly friend of mine who lives in Spain has just spent the past two weeks in hospital there, not because of the virus but due to acute pain and other issues caused by osteoporosis. It's far from the first time she has had to do so, sadly. I talked to her most days over that period and did my best to reassure her as I listened to her describe how she spent the entire time feeling increasingly fearful because of the changes she observed around her and enduring a growing anxiety about whether she is going to get it herself, knowing she is completely helpless. She was released today ahead of schedule because it was agreed that the longer she stayed in, the greater the risk to her life.

This is not normal flu - being a new virus we have no antibodies for it at all, plus it has a higher infection rate. One person can infect 400 others within a month. Proper social distancing can reduces that to just 3. I know which number of additional patients I'd rather see the NHS treating in that space of time.

One last statistic is that 793 people have died from Covid-19 in Italy. That's not in total, that's in the last 24 hours. In other words, more than one death every two minutes. I don't know how much starker it needs to get before everybody takes it seriously.
A Nigerian mother of three
andymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2020, 20:21   #10
KLM
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Club CDT

Posted and pasted from Any-town's local forum.
As follows.......
As I have lots of time on my hands being a widow pensioner.
I go some days (don't need much) to watch the Virus-run runners gobble up stuff they don't need, want or would know how to cook. But hey, it's there, so they must have it before someone who needs it gets it. Not yet seen a fight go off, but It will soon happen!
To observe this behaviour, pick up a basket, you might have to wait a while for one, as most are in use.
Wander around the store just observing the clientele, it won’t be long before you spot a likely candidate for a Virus run. Usually they are loud, wearing “trakky bottoms” or “PJs”, more than likely they will have a Prole Facelift, created by having a very tight scraggly ponytail.
It’s likely from next Monday there will be several kids in tow with them with names like “Come on you little Bastard” or “Git”. Didn’t realise how common these two names were until recently.
Once you spot a “Virus Runner “, follow them round, at a discrete distance. Once they reach the bread or milk isles, you’ll note their body language change into a very aggressive posture as they pile as many loaves of bread or bottles of milk into their arms as they can get.
Heaven forbid there’s anyone else near and wanting any, as this is “light the blue touch paper zone!”
The other isles where this can happen is the frozen sections, chicken nuggets, frozen pizza and the like. If, however, it doesn’t go off at any of these sections due to them intimidating all who are foolhardy enough to come within 3 metres of them, don’t despair. The checkout will definitely be the “Krakatoa” moment for sure, when the shop assistant says you can only have two of any items.
Don’t be tempted to say to the Virus-runner leave them there, I’ll have two of them! You will be met with the comment “If I can’t fckin have them, you fckin aren’t having them!”
Yes, all in all, it’s good way to pass 30 minutes or so, observing the hapless virus chickens gathering their vitals.

Kev.
KLM is offline   Reply With Quote