Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th July 2017, 15:36   #11
Chuckles
Gets stuck in

NOW a Club Tourer was 1999 - 75 2.0Ltr Connoisseur SE petrol Saloon

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=247845.
Hopefully if I did this correctly it should take you to the start of it all. just tried it and success!
At least you can see to what extend the damage can be.
Membership #1896
Don't take life so seriously.... it is not permanent!
Chuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2017, 18:13   #12
dbt01
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
It may be worthwhile checking the plug & socket on the ABS unit. there is a post I did last year with photos, I will try and find them.
It all started with an unseen flooded road!
Got some Traction Control bits from a V6. ECU, ABS unit, throttle body even a switch ! Only the actuator is dodgy with a tooth broken in the cog wheel where the cable attaches. So, if you end up by needing bits, please PM me.

David
dbt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2017, 15:28   #13
Chuckles
Gets stuck in

I have received the new unit ordered from Rimmer and although the number SRB101301 is on the box there is no reference to that number being on the ABS unit itself. As this will be the third attempt I want to be 100% sure.
Unfortunately there was no label on the original unit that could be decipherable.
The new unit has the letters on the top R/H of the valve block ML, which I am told is relevant? Other numbers on the top of the valve block are 0 265 224 005 (top left) and 783/21/5/0016 central lower and the underside 972 and C0542.

Under the Black socket part, is a Bosch label 488176 0 265 900 003. Also 20118 and above that in a border 085.

I am still nervous despite assurances from Rimmers' Gary ...." There are only three modulators listed on the parts catalogue which are the one you have ordered listed for traction control (we do not have another one in stock so cannot see what the numbers stamped on it would be) and ones for non traction control and diesel models.
We have plenty of the non traction control unit https://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-SRB101291 in stock and above the outlet marked FR they all have MK stamped on and 0 265 222 001 is stamped on them all. We only have one diesel unit in stock https://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-SRB101311 and it has MN stamped above the FR outlet and 0265 224 010 stamped on it but only having one unit we cannot confirm if that number remains the same on all diesel units.
We don't sell many of the traction units (only 7 in the past three years) but we haven't had any returned to us as incorrect...."

If anyone has any comments that would be welcomed. I just want to be sure before I fit the new one.
Membership #1896
Old 12th July 2017, 09:34   #14
dbt01
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
... on the top of the valve block are 0 265 224 005 (top left) ...
On the loose one I have in my hand (from a V6 with traction) it says
0 265 224 004
(it is common practice for the last 3 digits to be simply a revision or version number not affecting compatibility, but I'm unsure if Bosch follow that 'protocol').

Quote:
... and 783/21/5/0016 central lower and the underside 972 and C0542...
Can't find those or anything remotely like them; maybe looking in the wrong place! Could be serial-number related rather than part-number ??

Quote:
... Under the Black socket part, is a Bosch label 488176 0 265 900 003. Also 20118 and above that in a border 085...
Mine are identical.

Hope that helps

David

Last edited by dbt01; 12th July 2017 at 10:32..
Old 12th July 2017, 09:42   #15
dbt01
Retired

Adding to that info; On the V6 non-traction one I have in my other hand, the Bosch label numbers are TOTALLY different, and the one on top 0 265 222 001 as Rimmers indicate.

Quote:
...The new unit has the letters on the top R/H of the valve block ML, which I am told is relevant ...
Indeed the non-traction one is marked MK and the traction one ML.

It looks like you have the correct one, I guess?

P.S. you should have come to me for the S/H one instead of extending your mortgage to pay Rimmers' price !

David

Last edited by dbt01; 12th July 2017 at 10:35..
Old 12th July 2017, 11:35   #16
ryszard
Gets stuck in

Moonstone diesel,X351 Jaguar and now MG ZT 260

Hi,have just taken off the battery tray to check the ABS/traction connectors for the umpteenth time to trace my fault and the stamping on the unit as David has also mentioned is ML.Regards Ry...
ryszard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2017, 17:45   #17
Chuckles
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBytheway View Post
P.S. you should have come to me for the S/H one instead of extending your mortgage to pay Rimmers' price !

David
I had already "jumped the gun" as I was in a quandary and annoyed at the same time otherwise, yes, I would have gone for yours. pm sent
Membership #1896
Old 13th July 2017, 14:34   #18
Chuckles
Gets stuck in

I am one totally confused person at the moment!

Took out the (faulty ???) ABS unit today and spotted the code in the top R/H corner as being ML which, am I correct in thinking, is a traction Control unit? The Bosch Label is 582145 0 265 900 004 with 20947 and inside a boarder 085
The New one also is ML with a the Bosch Label is 488176 0 205 900 003 with 20118 and inside a boarder 085

The original ABS unit that was on the car is MN, I don't have the black part any more as that was burnt out after the ducking!

So now I am hesitant in fitting the brand new one (as it will then become second-hand ) in case there is another fault - a sensor or something.

How can one tell if there is a faulty sensor - T4? do I carry on and fit the brand new one or refit the existing and try for another fault. These ABS units are expensive, so if I do hang on to the car it will always be a use spare - I suppose.
Membership #1896
Old 9th August 2017, 23:28   #19
ryszard
Gets stuck in

Moonstone diesel,X351 Jaguar and now MG ZT 260

[QUOTE=ryszard;2516313]Hi,am following your actions,I too have the traction control/ABS warning on my launch car display.T4 diagnosed the rear offside unit,have replaced the wheel bearing assembly and ABS sensor and still warnings not cleared.They come up on static test before engine is started.I could possibly have purchased a faulty rear sensor,it was a cheapie just to test before ordering a new bearing.Have not took it on the road yet to see if warnings are cleared on a run.Hopefully between us we will get some answers.Regards Ry.....[/QUmodule.

Hi,an update on my long running traction/ABS error displayed.As mentioned some time ago on the way to the MOT my ABS was activating on slow speed and after the leaving the MOT garage had permanent traction/ABS warning on the high line.It would appear in the static diagnostic before engine start.After engine start the errors would disappear after several meters but on about 30 mph the ABS would activate on braking and the error messages would come back,this procedure would repeat everytime the car was started.After messing about for days checking everything around the car went and saw Phil T4 who diagnosed rear offside bearing/sensor area.Thanks Phil.Bought another rear sensor still same problem.Got new wheel bearing,still same problem.Thought maybe the cheap ABS sensor off e bay was rubbish.Went around in the meantime checking all connections/wiring looking for bared wires contacting metal and ABS module,nothing found.A few days ago took it for another drive and low and behold it's all cleared.All I can think of is when I changed the bearing I did not drive the car for test because I was still getting the errors on static diagnostics,I did turn the wheel several times by hand to see if the messages would clear,no,so I parked it up for a while.
Is it possible that the drive has recalibrated the traction/ABS system to default?Regards Ry..
ryszard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2017, 07:58   #20
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

"Is it possible that the drive has recalibrated the traction/ABS system to default?"

This extract indicates a drive is indeed necessary: However, if the fault which has been remedied was a fault with either the sensor or the pump, the ABS warning lamp will remain illuminated until the vehicle reaches 12 km/h.

Regards
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote