Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 31st January 2020, 17:23   #1
Richard1973
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Default ZT diesel front strut

When the weather starts to warm up it is my intention to change my 75 suspension to ZT as I much prefer the way a ZT goes around corners.

Is it possible to get a new front strut that is the equivalent of a ZT diesel setting?
Pretty sure originals are not available now but just wondering if there are any good aftermarket ones out there.
Richard1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2020, 21:28   #2
cbr1100xx
Gets stuck in

VW touareg

Drop mat at dmgrs a pm , he supplied me with shocks , springs and top mounts for my zt cdti.
Not got round to fitting them yet so cant comment other than that.

Don't forget to use NL5 as a discount code.

Stan
Old 31st January 2020, 21:44   #3
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Does fitting a ZT rear anti rollbar to a 75 help ?
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2020, 23:25   #4
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1973 View Post
When the weather starts to warm up it is my intention to change my 75 suspension to ZT as I much prefer the way a ZT goes around corners.

Is it possible to get a new front strut that is the equivalent of a ZT diesel setting?
Pretty sure originals are not available now but just wondering if there are any good aftermarket ones out there.
make sure you fit zt struts AND springs all around. The springs will drop the height and give a little more firmness (but from what I can see the struts in the rear seem to be the same, the fronts seem to be different, which I dont understand if the rears are the same )

The ZT rear subframe has solid bushes, and having a 75 subframe into the zt, I noticed a slight (read as minuscule) 'squidiness', and a very slight reduction of noise. Overall there is such little difference I am not complaining and wouldnt care either way. The ZT had thicker rear roll bars (not sure about the front), which I have been told is noticeable - mine has always been the thicker one, so cannot comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-45 View Post
Does fitting a ZT rear anti rollbar to a 75 help ?
Some 75s had them fitted. There were heavier duty shocks (springs?) to compensate. The 75 had a thinner bar than the ZT and from what I have read, there is a noticeable difference between them - I cannot comment as I always had one. I can imagine however that a roll bar will make for a stiffer rear end, and will need a little time to get used to it if you drive hard into bends (not much time though lol). Whether it helps or not, will be determined by your driving style. Driving hard into corners, then yes, however you should be driving a ZT instead lol, a 75 is more a waft along and glide around the corners rather roll around them.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote