Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th May 2020, 11:57   #11331
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Jacked up the neighbours 75 and wrestled the wheel off past the broken spring, ended up letting the tyre down. The car is on a downward sloping drive and so I’ve fitted the axle stand on the front subframe. Parts should of arrived between 8:30 /9:45 but not arrived yet so added liberal amounts of plus gas. Blood doners early this evening then going into work for a few hours so the shocker removal will have to wait until tomorrow providing it arrives

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2020, 12:28   #11332
cbr1100xx
Gets stuck in

VW touareg

Got the tracking done on the front after replacing nearly everything.
Wow what a transformation, its actually really nice to drive now.
Should last for a couple of years hopefully

Stan
Old 6th May 2020, 12:50   #11333
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default I'm enjoying this.

I've been getting busy with the bits for the ZT again today, I'm getting ready to build the subframes ready to install once the shell is stripped out and painted. This is one of the rear calipers as of today. I need to pull out the piston again and oil it up until it's time to bleed the brakes, I slotted in the seal and piston whilst it was in the zinc bath to avoid the hole getting coated. It doesn't really seem a lot of progress but it's a big start for me after so many setbacks and, I think it'll look rather smart through the rear straight spokes!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200506_131710.jpg (108.5 KB, 62 views)
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2020, 16:05   #11334
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
I've been getting busy with the bits for the ZT again today, I'm getting ready to build the subframes ready to install once the shell is stripped out and painted. This is one of the rear calipers as of today. I need to pull out the piston again and oil it up until it's time to bleed the brakes, I slotted in the seal and piston whilst it was in the zinc bath to avoid the hole getting coated. It doesn't really seem a lot of progress but it's a big start for me after so many setbacks and, I think it'll look rather smart through the rear straight spokes!
That looks brand new Michael. Better than painting them. Although if you are going to paint them, now is the time.
Old 6th May 2020, 18:39   #11335
75driver
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon, manual. Rover 75 Tourer, Auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post

Ooh, that is well smart.👍
Looking really good.

I just derusted a spare set (for one side only) via electrolysis, and got local mechanic to stick em on.😳

Must invest in some patience.🤭

Kinda regret that I didn’t get them painted, but thought it might be odd to have one side painted and the other side....natures finest rusted look.🤔

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 75 Contemporary SE diesel manual (#1)

2003 75T Connoisseur SE diesel auto (For Comfort)
2005 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (Marmite duotone )
2006 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (The last one?)

2009 E220 (For a change)
2018 L200 (For Big & Heavy Things)
1976 W114 250 Manual (For Sundays)
75driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2020, 18:39   #11336
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

I changed the rubber seal on the clutch quick release pipe and also the seal on the pipe where it connect to the master cylinder, fingers crossed no more weeping fluid......

Took Brian's advice and popped the plastic ring thinghy in boiling water for a few mins to make it supple, worked a treat, popped it where it should be and bingo, the quick release came apart without any fuss.
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2020, 19:42   #11337
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Default Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
That looks brand new Michael. Better than painting them. Although if you are going to paint them, now is the time.
I can't go down the painted route, it either looks right or wrong and paint is wrong. I am of course painting things that should be painted, I'm basically bored and digging out bits that need a new coat of original finish. I get a feeling that this caliper will start a bit of a craze.............
Old 6th May 2020, 20:20   #11338
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Default Shop bought kit..

I did this with a shop bought kit, I dug it out last year and started to play with it. In the few months since my eyes are good again I got it out again, I've started to use a company called Gateros Plating, their service is great and I recommend them, they do starter kits like mine. The way these kits work is so simple, you can refurb every single nut and bolt on the car for less than £50 when you learn the process, this caliper had a 30 minute plate before the yellow passivate was applied, the rainbow colours come with immersion practice. It's great to see items like new again for pennies...Have a go...
Old 6th May 2020, 21:12   #11339
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

That's caliper looks fantastic Mike , was this the kit you used?

LINK

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2020, 21:17   #11340
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
That's caliper looks fantastic Mike , was this the kit you used?

LINK

Brian
Not looking... Don't need anything else to do...