Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th March 2020, 01:38   #31
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ched View Post
My job, apart from Christmas day and sometimes new years day never stops, come rain or shine or anything else that gets thrown at it including this pandemic. I take mobile MRI, PET/CT, CT scanners around the many hospitals of this fine land during the night, and set them up so that they can be used the next day, often having to put them where it was never designed for an artic to get to.
A cracking and very satisfying job.
Mobile PET scanners, What a concept!
I had to wait over a year to get a PET scan here in Canada.
Mind you, the distances here would make a mobile unit less productive.
Old 26th March 2020, 03:08   #32
Snetty
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Still working, a tramper on general haulage. Thankfully the panic buying seems to have stopped and it's slowing down. But with no eateries open its a lot different hopefully people will listen and obey the instructions and we can all get back to normal soon.
Snetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2020, 05:27   #33
ziggy72
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar S-Type R Audi A5 Sportback

Still working in the accident repair centre. Head office say we can stay open as ourselves and other branches up and down the country are repairing cars and vans that could belong to vital workers including police vehicles, post office vans and motability customers etc.
The problem being most of the parts suppliers have closed so not much will be able to be completed after the work on site is done which will last in to next week if we're lucky.

Last edited by ziggy72; 26th March 2020 at 07:02..
ziggy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2020, 06:20   #34
2Diesels
Trader

ZT 260SE, Connoisseur CDT

I’m on holiday this week, picked the perfect week for it
I’m on the list of key workers but I’m staying with my parents since my house flooded........I’m not sure what to do next week, although I’m not actually too scared of being infected myself, I’d hate to bring it back with me & infect my elderly parents, particularly my dad who isn’t in great health. I’m being as careful as I can but is everyone else at work? The financial impact is worrying, as if I don’t turn in I’ll only get SSP which barely covers the mortgage, let alone my other bills.
2Diesels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2020, 06:52   #35
IGH
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

I work in the NHS and am having a major battle with my line manager to be allowed to work from home.

Use a laptop for daily work and have a trust VPN already set up so not a problem.

She doesn't want me 'skiving at home' while she hides in her office in the hospital.

Retirement in October, cant wait!!

Stay safe everyone
IGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2020, 07:22   #36
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGH View Post
I work in the NHS and am having a major battle with my line manager to be allowed to work from home.

Use a laptop for daily work and have a trust VPN already set up so not a problem.

She doesn't want me 'skiving at home' while she hides in her office in the hospital.

Stay safe everyone

She should be disciplined for making a comment like that during these times.
Old 26th March 2020, 07:26   #37
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Just dropped the wife off at work, enjoying a bucket of coffee now and considering whether to take the 75 to work myself today as the ZT is complaining it should have some bed rest, as it's travelled 1100 odd miles since Saturday

I only have another two mothballing jobs to carry out, one of which is on my doorstep, and the other in Cumbria, then that's me done.

Hopefully most people can weather the storm and come out the other end relatively unscathed, I've already told all of my customers that invoicing for work carried out since Friday will be deferred until the crisis is over.

So it's going to be quiet for me, I'll still be ferrying the missus to work, and I can imagine she will be extra busy around Christmas

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2020, 08:02   #38
Beena wild
Loves to post

MG ZT190+ 2.5 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGH View Post

Stay safe everyone
i'm in a similar position age wise with younger female micro managers.
Trouble is they seem incapable of making a judgement call without the back up of "policy documents" "the regulations" etc. They are afraid of their shadow to make a decision about which "questions might be asked" later.

a bit of experience tells one that if you want people to work you must trust them and give them a bit of a break in these testing times.
Beena wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2020, 08:11   #39
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Lock down - what lock down? Everything is still open here, pubs, cafes, shops are well stocked - a visit to my local Coop showed only one item missing - yeast. Alcohol is expensive and lots are working from home so is this why there’s no yeast ?
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2020, 08:12   #40
MGR South Devon
Premium Trader

ROVER 75 TOURER

Hi Brian
We are still working as we are in the exempt list as a garage. I am now working from home as I have a direct link to the workshop computer. They boys are still in but take all necessary precautions for social distancing. They have chained off the workshop and asked customers not to go in to reception but leave cars on forecourt with key in and we will ring when it is ready, and they can pay over phone, and we will then leave car for them to collect, avoiding all contact between them and staff using wipes for the door handle, gear stick and handbrake and steering wheel. Also with the car keys. We don't know yet how the latest MOT development will affect us, but we would like to stress to anybody who is still going to be using their car that if they decided to take 'advantage' of the 6 month extension they are still liable for the safety of their car and if there is any problem and they are stopped and found to have an unroadworthy vehicle, they could still be prosecuted under Road Traffic Offences act.