Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th March 2020, 08:17   #41
MGR South Devon
Premium Trader

ROVER 75 TOURER

Default MG Rover parts supply

We would also like to inform members that we are still supplying parts. Our ebay shop is still open and so far the postal and couriers services are operating.
We are endeavouring to get parts out as quickly as possible, but inevitably there may be slight delays as I am having to go in after hours to deal with the orders so that I can continue to social distance.

You can ring us any time as I am taking all calls on divert.

Keep safe everybody and let's hope it will not be too long before our lives return to normal
Old 26th March 2020, 08:38   #42
Mogodon
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 135+ Diesel Auto Mk2. Nisan Micra 1.4 SVE Auto.

I work in the NHS in the operating theatres so am still working although on A/L booked months ago which my manager wouldn't cancel even though I offered.

At my hospital, were only doing traumas and emergencies in theatre and non emergency theatre staff are being (quickly) retrained to be redeployed to work in the ICU .

It's quite a challenge and well out my comfort zone, and the possibility I could go in on monday to be told i'm now working in the Intensive Care Unit helping to look after Covid 19 patients is rather scary, but needs must.
Plenum spyhole mod. Powerflow backbox. 11 spoke alloys repainted Black Sparkle. Black Expansion tank. Drivers side cup holder. PPD carpeted heater box sides. Illuminated sun visors, PPD Door reflectors. PPD Seatbelt lower mount bolt covers. PPD Drivers grab handle. Cubby rechargeable torch and power socket. FBH retro-fitted. FBH engine pre-heater mod done. Electric rear Sunblind. Tow bar. Flip key. MGR towing mirrors and Saloon roof bars.

Hand Built in Birmingham

Last edited by Mogodon; 26th March 2020 at 08:40..
Mogodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2020, 08:45   #43
Andy_with_a_screwdriver
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

I gave up work on Monday night following Boris's unclear statement about essential work...
As a self employed electrician I've got a a couple large barn conversions in various states of completion to work on but social distancing wasn't easy at times on Monday. I long ago decided myself that my work was not essential and was just waiting for confirmation from above.
Mrs Andy is an NHS clinical coder, still working at the hospital so I'm now doing home schooling. My 8 year daughter is bouncing round the living room to Joe Wicks so I've took the opportunity to come on here and avoid joining in
Next lesson will be woodwork, we're making the Mrs a desk in the dining room out of old kitchen units and worktop as next week her department will be working from home. On Tuesday we temporarily fixed the shed door which had split and warped out of shape due to the wet weather. I'm trying to incorporate maths and science as much as possible to help her learn something.

I'm arranging with the builders I'm working with, to ensure I and they can work alone for a couple days next week each to help keep the build going. We're lucky it's a self financing barn conversion, literally in the middle of a field so minimal risk really of any contact with others if done right. Can't imagine we've got long left as lots of the wholesalers are shutting down.

I just wish the government would be decisive about self employed support, it can't be easy for lots of us. I'm waiting on payments from three customers so far now from over the last few weeks. Some financial package based on the previous 2 or 3 years averaged tax returns, pro-rata up to a value of say £2000 per month shouldn't be hard to achieve, or indeed to calculate. See what happens later today
It's also about time they shut down the over crowded building sites we see on the news There's no way I'd be turning up to them to work, the people aren't even wearing masks or respirators

When she's home and not using the 75 I'm looking forward to finally changing the drivers door actuator and the nearside rear suspension bushes on the 75. Then it's the inlet manifold and swirl flaps on the Zafira which I've been intending to do for abut 18 months...

Last edited by Andy_with_a_screwdriver; 26th March 2020 at 08:50..
Andy_with_a_screwdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2020, 10:59   #44
simon.jane
Loves to post

we have a 75 connoisseur cdt se saloon and a 75 conniosser se cdt tourer

I off to work later just got to have a new windscreen put in the 45.
Old 26th March 2020, 14:21   #45
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

Retired since 2007, ashamed to say i am enjoying this lockdown. Only one food shop per week,no sitting in car outside Debenhams, New Look, Next,Evans and a few others for hours on end. Keeping myself busy doing what i want to do for a change. Council have been renewing the roofs of our bungalows,asked men to put any off cuts of timber and plastic eaves covering, in garden. So far made 3 stacks of shelves for shed.
3,021 of 4,744 Connie SE
239 of 1.685 Platinum Gold.
"Maralyn": Platinum Blonde,Troublesome,Unpredictable.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2020, 16:34   #46
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

Got some time off isolating .... as my Company has Closed for 3 weeks and luckily will be getting the 96 odd quids SSP with the Company topping it all up to normal pay ..

C
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2020, 16:41   #47
Slaya
Loves to post

MG ZT V6 160+, MG TF 135, Focus 1.6 Zetec

Still working here, as I work for a private medical company and we do NHS scanning work.

Only 6 of us left in the office, so no doubt will be working from home once the critical jobs have been done in the office.
Slaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2020, 22:45   #48
wullie480
This is my second home

Thanked 1,022 Times in 786 Posts

Also still working.
I’m in the aircraft industry working in a MRO facility most of the office staff are all working from home. Just us mechanics left.

Last edited by wullie480; 26th March 2020 at 22:53..
wullie480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2020, 22:47   #49
JOHNDQ
Banned

Health

I’m a mechanic and MOT tester so still working
JOHNDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2020, 15:57   #50
ShaunB
Regular poster

MG ZT-T

I'm still delivering concrete although i think all general building sites are closed now however i think we will be one off the few plants still open next week as we are supplying to essential roadworks on the M1
ShaunB is offline   Reply With Quote