Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 28th April 2020, 12:22   #1
cbr1100xx
Gets stuck in

VW touareg

Default O/s driveshafts plus one more

When I was crawling around under the car I noticed that there is a bearing or similar in the middle of the o/s driveshaft.
Upon wiggling the driveshaft I noticed there is some play in this bearing and it looks quite dry.
Is this bearing replaceable or is it a new driveshaft?

2nd , now everything is back together the steering wheel is slightly off centre.
Is this just tracking?
Looking at the old stuff that came off it seems that the n/s was a 75 shock and spring and this was on the car the last time it was tracked so was wondering if the difference in shocks has caused this.

Thanks in advance

Stan

Ps. Anyone got a linky to the plastic screw things for the inner wheel liners

Stan
Old 29th April 2020, 09:55   #2
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Replacement of any front suspension components should be followed by a tracking check/adjustment.

The wheel arch liners use two different size push rivets. I can'tbe certain of the sizes, but I think the majority are 8mm and the two going into the subframe underneath are 10mm. You should measure the receiving holes in the body panels/subframe to be sure. You can then buy suitable rivets from eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...ivets&_sacat=0

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2020, 19:35   #3
cbr1100xx
Gets stuck in

VW touareg

Just a quick follow up on this , t c was right 8mm inside the wing and a 10mm one on the subframe.

Spot on t c

Thanks stan
Old 2nd May 2020, 19:42   #4
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
Replacement of any front suspension components should be followed by a tracking check/adjustment.

The wheel arch liners use two different size push rivets. I can'tbe certain of the sizes, but I think the majority are 8mm and the two going into the subframe underneath are 10mm. You should measure the receiving holes in the body panels/subframe to be sure. You can then buy suitable rivets from eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...ivets&_sacat=0

TC
Correct, the subframe ones are the same size as the one that hold the rear bumper on (And the washer bottle) In case you want to garb a few on your next scrapyard visit