Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 29th May 2020, 15:44   #1
Oldfiddler

Rover 75 Tourer

Default 2003 Rover 75 Connoisseur Tourer 2.5 V6 petrol ***SOLD***

Unfortunately, it’s time to get rid of this lovely car, which I’ve owned since new. Although it is still running beautifully, it is not getting proper exercise any more, even before lockdown. A couple of miles to the supermarket and back is not great for a big engine.

The good news:
One owner since registered in March 2003
61,158 recorded mileage (no misprint, supported by service docs)
Full service history with invoices (and a Haynes manual thrown in)
9 wheels, all on 15” 10-spoke ‘Comet’ alloys, including a wheel trolley (more details later)
Good cosmetic condition, with one exception (details below)
The heated, electrically-operated leather seats are all in superb condition
Serviced in February 2020, with MOT to 1 March 2021.

The not-so-good news:
There is a leak in the climate control system and re-gassing does not hold for long.
The only noticeable bodywork fault is a scrape on the front right bumper, caused by contact with a low wall in the dark many years ago. I just used touch-up paint and it didn’t bother me, but now the touch-up colour has aged to silver, which I have not tried to hide in the photos.
The latest MOT advisories included corroded offside brake pipes (front & rear) which will need replacement before the next test. They also noted sub-frame corrosion, but no serious weakening.
Other minor issues are the usual small leaks around the window in the tailgate, there is some sun-bleaching of the rear badges and the petrol filler flap no longer locks.

Otherwise, it’s just the normal Connoisseur spec for 2003, apart from the addition of rubber mats and mudguards. The entertainment is the Philips Harmony radio cassette, but even the fanciest system from that time would be pretty old-hat by now!

What is non-standard is the number of wheels! That’s nine matching wheels on Rover alloys. The present running set are four Dunlop Sport Bluresponse, with 4-5mm of tread. Then there is a full-size spare in the boot well, with a Continental EcoContact CP and 5-6mm of tread. All the standard (summer) tyres are 195/65 R15 91V. Finally, there are the winter wheels, currently on the wheel trolley (pictured, and included in the sale), Continental ContiWinterContact with about 7mm of tread. The winter tyres are 195/65 R15 91H. In winter conditions, the Rover is very well-behaved, even on standard tyres. But with her winter boots on, she is utterly serene. [Incidentally, we’ve only lived in Dorset for about 18 months, otherwise I might not have bothered with winter tyres!]

I think this is an exceptionally nice car, but recognise there are a few issues a new owner will need to address. Therefore I am asking £1,000, although I’ll listen to sensible offers. The car is based in Ferndown, Dorset BH22, which is about 6 miles north of Bournemouth. So you can treat yourselves to a trip to the seaside and see my car (by appointment) at the same time!

The photos below were taken in the current very sunny weather. If any have too much glare for a clear view, please ask and I'll try to get some more in greater shade. Also, I have other photos which I can PM to anyone interested.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Profile.JPG (113.8 KB, 280 views)
File Type: jpg Front os quarter.JPG (111.2 KB, 286 views)
File Type: jpg Rear ns quarter.JPG (130.2 KB, 278 views)
File Type: jpg Wing damage.JPG (77.8 KB, 269 views)
File Type: jpg Passenger interior.JPG (95.1 KB, 274 views)
File Type: jpg Wheel trolley.JPG (121.6 KB, 276 views)
File Type: jpg Central interior.JPG (80.4 KB, 268 views)

Last edited by Oldfiddler; 9th June 2020 at 08:13.. Reason: SOLD
Oldfiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2020, 08:43   #2
Oldfiddler

Rover 75 Tourer

I have just replied to a query to confirm that the cambelt kit, water pump and ancillary drive belt were replaced in 2014.

A couple of small niggles which I forgot to mention in the main post. On ignition, the windscreen washer warning light comes on; there is nothing wrong with the washer and the light goes off after about 30 seconds. Also, the bonnet release cable has apparently stretched and consequently the bonnet needs a hefty slam to close properly.
Old 30th May 2020, 20:31   #3
Oldfiddler

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Sold

Sorry folks, I've now arranged to sell! Thanks for your interest.