Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 1st July 2018, 18:02   #1
Dansrockin
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT number 1 of 25 celestial!!

Default Got hit by an uninsured traveller

I was on my way to the shops earlier when I was cut up on a roundabout by a transit pick-up. We've had issues over the last week with travellers camping in a field across the road from us, and straight away I thought this is going to be trouble.
The driver got out and started getting mouthy saying I could see him coming and I should've waited as he was in a bigger vehicle! Even though I was on the roundabout already!
Anyway, he wrote down his details, name, reg number, phone number and insurance company. I gave him mine and he drove straight back up the hill towards the travellers camp. I still had my doubts so I rang LV, who were his supposed insurers, and guess what? No details of that reg on the system! I contacted the police, no insurance or tax, but the reg did belong to a white transit pick-up. Nothing they can do as there were no injuries, but they'll keep an eye out for it on the roads.
So, the damage! My passenger side headlight is smashed, the bumper is broken all around the light area, and the wing is dented.
I've managed to get hold of a replacement headlight, but I'm struggling with a wing and bumper.
I don't want to go through insurance as they'll just write the car off, and I'll lose my NCD.
Any chance someone out there has a passenger side wing and a front bumper for a mk1 75 in jbh Wedgewood blue going cheap? It would be very appreciated if anyone can help!
Dansrockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2018, 18:08   #2
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/rover-75-....c100005.m1851

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2018, 18:50   #3
Dansrockin
Posted a thing or two

Thanks Dave! I think I've managed to sort a bumper, but if it falls through I'll go for that if it's still available
Old 1st July 2018, 19:21   #4
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

So....

Being involved in a collision which causes damage and loss without any insurance or road tax (or whatever it's called!) apparently isn't a matter for the Police.

So no laws have been broken then? These "offenses" do not appear in Court for a Judge to consider if any law has been broken any the appropriate punishment?

Erm......

Andy.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

Last edited by AndyN01; 1st July 2018 at 19:25..
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2018, 19:25   #5
STUBIE
This is my second home

Back in a Rover

Is it not a crime to drive on a road without MOT and insurance?

The Policing of our land these days is ridiculous.

I'm sure if it was a anyone else they'd be right round.

Stubs
STUBIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2018, 19:33   #6
Dansrockin
Posted a thing or two

Exactly, if it was me or you, or anyone else that has a normal way of life, we'd be caught straight away and read the riot act. These bar stewards do what they want and couldn't care less who they hurt in the process and know that nothing can be done.
In a completely unrelated incident, my step daughter and her friend were walking through the park this afternoon when 2 of these travellers kids were hiding in bushes with an air gun, they shot at my daughter and her friend! Luckily no injuries, two pellets hit her backpack, but we reported it to the police, and we're still waiting to see someone 5 hours later! Apparently the police went to the site earlier but I can't see anything being done.
Old 1st July 2018, 20:00   #7
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansrockin View Post
Exactly, if it was me or you, or anyone else that has a normal way of life, we'd be caught straight away and read the riot act. These bar stewards do what they want and couldn't care less who they hurt in the process and know that nothing can be done.
In a completely unrelated incident, my step daughter and her friend were walking through the park this afternoon when 2 of these travellers kids were hiding in bushes with an air gun, they shot at my daughter and her friend! Luckily no injuries, two pellets hit her backpack, but we reported it to the police, and we're still waiting to see someone 5 hours later! Apparently the police went to the site earlier but I can't see anything being done.
How about a nice cocktail?

As the Russians are hosting the world cup, a Molotov should fit the bill
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2018, 20:04   #8
bluebird
Passed Away

Trophy Blue ZT T

The old bill dont want to know when it comes to travellers, a guy i know had his pick up stolen, the coppers told him where it was ( travellers site) then said we cant go on there as we know they have firearms!
bluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2018, 20:09   #9
Dansrockin
Posted a thing or two

Believe me, how it's been on this estate the last 2 weeks, I can honestly see it ending up in some kind of vigilante action!
Old 1st July 2018, 20:12   #10
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
How about a nice cocktail?

As the Russians are hosting the world cup, a Molotov should fit the bill
Well I was going to suggest a flamethrower, but carrying a couple of bottles of napalm on your back might attract suspicion
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote