Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th September 2018, 14:16   #1
STUBIE
This is my second home

Back in a Rover

Default Fidgety ride

I was hoping my CDT's ride would settle after changing the rear springs for genuine Rover ones from Rimmerbros and fitting a pair of rear Continental shocks.

Haven't done anything to the front suspension yet.

Generally what determines the ride quality springs or shocks or both.

What about a rear anti roll bar refit - would that improve ride.

Stubs
STUBIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2018, 14:35   #2
T16
I really should get out more.......

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

Fidgety??

Ive the "optional" sports suspension on mine, and the ride is nearly as hard as the 260.

Found the "comfort" suspension much better tbh, but feed back is nicer with the sports. However it does mean I seek out smoother parts of the road.

If driving on motorways at night, generally I sit in the middle lane to avoid all the bumps and holes in the slow lane.
T16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2018, 06:44   #3
jim lee
Regular poster

Rover75

I too have always found the ride on my 75 CDTi saloon fidgety. I have tried renewing front and rear dampers and springs (all with correct items as set out on label under rear seat) and replaced 16" wheels with 15" but have not found the substantial improvement I had hoped. The only thing that has given me the quality of ride I would like is driving around with three very large, and heavy, bags of bark chips in the boot; it then behaves superbly!
jim lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2018, 07:04   #4
RoverP480
Gets stuck in

None at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim lee View Post
I too have always found the ride on my 75 CDTi saloon fidgety. I have tried renewing front and rear dampers and springs (all with correct items as set out on label under rear seat) and replaced 16" wheels with 15" but have not found the substantial improvement I had hoped. The only thing that has given me the quality of ride I would like is driving around with three very large, and heavy, bags of bark chips in the boot; it then behaves superbly!
It may be counter intuitive but I have found getting a good quality 4 wheel alignment done on Hunter equipment with an operator who knows what they are doing, can often make a huge improvement to both the ride and handling .
RoverP480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2018, 21:52   #5
minimutly
Posted a thing or two

mg zt

I must admit I think the suspension set up on the zt std setting is dreadful. The front shocks bang on full droop, despite the internal springs, the rear sits lower than the front, it has short travel, is way too stiff for a large car, and I find Im allways looking for smooth patches of tarmack.
Oh for a set of softer springs and monroe shocks! Never though I'd ever say that...
minimutly is offline   Reply With Quote