Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th September 2023, 22:22   #1
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Default Another Rover in the stable

Well we finally made it back after our weekend adventure to pick up Arctic's NUK. Took a train from Redruth with the better half. Found the train apps quite confusing, the pricing even more confusing! We were over 20mins late approaching Birmingham New Street, but the Trainline app wasn't showing new options for the connection we were going to miss. Whatsapp proved valuable keeping Steve and myself updated. Hard to miss an orange Freelander so the later pick up was uneventful. and Steve whisked us to his home. Steve and Gail were very good hosts to us. Car was waiting spotless with various unexpected but useful spares in the back. We had a glitch with the DVLA website not allowing me to tax it online and my insurers were offline too. Got a 48 hrs temp insurance, but some sites suggested that if the car isn't taxed, then the insurance is also invalid. Steve filled out everything he could and gave me all the paperwork and we bid adieu and headed for our stop over in Bristol. Fortunately made it to the hotel car park without incident. Didn't even need a sat nav to escape Wolverhampton with Steve's directions being spot on. Next morning Steve had managed to register me as the new owner online, but DVLA website would still not let me tax it so I headed to a post office while swmbo went shopping at Cribbs causeway. Seemed no issue to get taxed at the Patchway post office so why not online I have no idea.
I forgot about the Bristol clean air zone, so checked BF54 NUK online and it came up as exempt. That is still a surprise!
Journey from Cribbs to Redruth via Newquay was very pleasant, car ran smoothly, always above 40mpg. I'm impressed with the mid range torque and lack of scuttle shake ( it was apparently re-mapped by Marinabrian). I feel I've bought one of the best maintained examples I could wish for. Car is a credit to the previous owner. Planning to keep it that way. Going to be my daughter's daily driver with the two grandkids soon to replace a 2012 Subaru SUV estate which had to be scrapped due to terminal rot ( three different garages all agreed beyond welding and uneconomic to repair.) Daughter has already seen the car and given it a 100% seal of approval. Time will of course tell, but a very happy camper at the moment.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2023, 23:07   #2
ceetdm
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Manual Saloon + Rover 75 CDTi Auto Saloon

Glad you had an enjoyable journey home, as you say you have bagged yourself a very well looked after car, which many folks on here (including myself) would be very pleased to own. I wish your daughter many miles of safe and trouble free motoring.

Tommy :-)
Old 26th September 2023, 00:03   #3
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Hi Martin.
Very nice to me you and your wife Lyn, great having a little chat about Rovers, also nice to hear your journey to Bristol & the fact the NUK was exempt from the ULEZ charge

Glad you like the mid range torque of the NUK MB knows his stuff and it has always been a smooth drive, at a steady 55mph to 65mph you may well get it above the low 40mph

I have a couple more goodies i will post out to you, the ones we spoke about earlier this evening all the best enjoy, you now have a job to check the fluids tyres etc as i did every weekend for your daughter

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2023, 22:53   #4
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceetdm View Post
Glad you had an enjoyable journey home, as you say you have bagged yourself a very well looked after car, which many folks on here (including myself) would be very pleased to own. I wish your daughter many miles of safe and trouble free motoring.

Tommy :-)
Thanks Tommy. My daughter is very happy with 'NUK'
In particular she likes the extra space of the tourer and the 40+mpg.
It's ideal for her and the two grand daughters.
Old 7th October 2023, 22:57   #5
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi Martin.
Very nice to me you and your wife Lyn, great having a little chat about Rovers, also nice to hear your journey to Bristol & the fact the NUK was exempt from the ULEZ charge

Glad you like the mid range torque of the NUK MB knows his stuff and it has always been a smooth drive, at a steady 55mph to 65mph you may well get it above the low 40mph

I have a couple more goodies i will post out to you, the ones we spoke about earlier this evening all the best enjoy, you now have a job to check the fluids tyres etc as i did every weekend for your daughter
I do indeed have the job of checking NUK over weekly ( 'cos I know she won't. ).
Thanks again Steve for all your help and the extras. Much appreciated.