Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 6th August 2022, 19:18   #1
finnjb

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Fitting a Highline system to my car

Hi guys, I recently purchased a Highline head unit and a factory CD changer for my 75 .I know the CD changer will fit as I have the wiring for it still in the glovebox so one of the previous owners must have removed it. I know people are going to go "why not use a modern system" or "why not leave it as it is" and I have a very good reason for this: I want optional extras but anything new is horrible and bad. ��

Anyway I was wondering if anyone knows if it'll power up and still play my cassettes/regular radio for my dad who drives it fairly often as I'm still not even old enough to drive on my provisional... I've heard you can also get
1) A digital TV tuner for these, so the TV will work again
2) A newer sat nav disc to put in the sat nav system

If anyone knows where to get a good one of either of these or has any experience with them please let me know!

If anyone has a sat nav box or any of the aerials needed for one that they'd like to sell me then that would also be great! ��

Last edited by finnjb; 6th August 2022 at 19:19.. Reason: Made it make sense
finnjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2022, 23:42   #2
Briodyjl01
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer, Rover 75 Saloon

A new say nav disk and tv tuner would be great to know! I’ve just retro fitted it all in my S544 AOX
Old 7th August 2022, 09:23   #3
finnjb

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briodyjl01 View Post
A new say nav disk and tv tuner would be great to know! I’ve just retro fitted it all in my S544 AOX
Is that you on Facebook with the one in Moonstone Green over Aubergine? I think I was talking to you a bit yesterday funnily enough. Lovely car by the way, would love to see it in person at some point!
Old 7th August 2022, 15:05   #4
StewartIngram
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.5 V6 auto

Another one here looking for a) sat nav disc; b) digital tv conversion
StewartIngram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2022, 19:47   #5
Briodyjl01
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnjb View Post
Is that you on Facebook with the one in Moonstone Green over Aubergine? I think I was talking to you a bit yesterday funnily enough. Lovely car by the way, would love to see it in person at some point!
Good evening.

Yes that’s me. She’s the only one left in that colour combo. The old girl needs a lot of work but will be back on the road soon hopefully.
Old 7th August 2022, 20:23   #6
finnjb

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briodyjl01 View Post
Good evening.

Yes that’s me. She’s the only one left in that colour combo. The old girl needs a lot of work but will be back on the road soon hopefully.
I'd love to see it but I see you're up near Leeds which is quite far lol, will you being to POL or Roverfest 2023 though?

Enjoying my 75.
Old 7th August 2022, 22:35   #7
Briodyjl01
Gets stuck in

Quote:
I'd love to see it but I see you're up near Leeds which is quite far lol, will you being to POL or Roverfest 2023 though?
Not sure what shows yet as I need to get her put back toghether and working then an MOT (the first one in 11 years)
Old 8th August 2022, 11:09   #8
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Hi guys, I recently purchased a Highline head unit and a factory CD changer for my 75 ..................

Anyway I was wondering if anyone knows if it'll power up and still play my cassettes/regular radio ...........
To get the radio working, you will need the tuner unit that fits in the boot. Retro fitting the factory Hi-line system is a pretty big job and not as straightforward as it seems at first glance. To give you an idea, there's a thread detailing how to remove the Hi-line system here: https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=120600. Re-fitting would be a reversal of this procedure (as Haynes like to say!)

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2022, 13:59   #9
finnjb

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
To get the radio working, you will need the tuner unit that fits in the boot. Retro fitting the factory Hi-line system is a pretty big job and not as straightforward as it seems at first glance. To give you an idea, there's a thread detailing how to remove the Hi-line system here: https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=120600. Re-fitting would be a reversal of this procedure (as Haynes like to say!)
I'm not massively bothered about having the radio part working, unless it won't power on without it. I've got a bluetooth cassette adapter for music, I just really like the idea of sat nav and TV in a 75. Thanks loads for the guide though, I looked for one but couldn't find one

Enjoying my 75.
Old 8th August 2022, 15:33   #10
coab
This is my second home

2007 57 GOLF GTi EDITION 30 DSG

Thanked 1,452 Times in 852 Posts

I went to the hassle of fitting a hi line system to my old ZT. It was a massive ache and to be honest a pretty antiquated system. I bought a A-sure head unit from ebay for my next ZT and the head unit looks very similar the the original hi line system plus the sound was far superior. You can easily add a digi box plus it plays DVDs with surround sound.
If your still mad on fitting the system you will need all the loom and the brackets plus the rear window elements are different on a Hi line car and is used as the aerial for the sat nav.
coab is offline   Reply With Quote