Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: Yorkshire & North Lincolnshire
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th August 2022, 18:03   #1
Mick Brownhill
Regional Secretary, Yorkshire & North Lincolnshire

75 Saloon

Default Winter Meetings.

Hi Guys,
Being also a member of the Pre 1940 Morris Register I attend what they call a noggin, a meeting of members once a month in the evening. Just a place to chat and have a bit of fun.

My suggestion is that I organise a meet every month say last Wednesday in the month in the evening. This can be a roving meet whereby the venue changes each month.

Members can suggest a pub to be put on the calendar. Effectively this could start in November through to April.

Let me know your thoughts.
Cheers
Mick
Mick Brownhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2022, 19:24   #2
boater
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Hi Mick

I think it is worth giving it a try. Years ago the MG owners Club did a similar thing and the Jaguar Enthusiasts Club as well. We all get bored during the winter and look forward to spring and car meets so why not keep them going, albeit in a slightly different form! It will help us to get to know each other better and maybe pool resources to help each other out if needed.

One problem I can see is that our region is a huge geographical area and travelling long distance on a winters evening would not be attractive for many.

So, I think a local natter and noggin would be good but choosing venues will be difficult to keep travel within reasonable distance, say 25 miles max?

Best wishes

Howard
boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2022, 20:49   #3
Mick Brownhill
Regional Secretary, Yorkshire & North Lincolnshire

75 Saloon

Default Winter meets

[QUOTE=boater;2942604]Hi Mick

I think it is worth giving it a try. Years ago the MG owners Club did a similar thing and the Jaguar Enthusiasts Club as well. We all get bored during the winter and look forward to spring and car meets so why not keep them going, albeit in a slightly different form! It will help us to get to know each other better and maybe pool resources to help each other out if needed.

One problem I can see is that our region is a huge geographical area and travelling long distance on a winters evening would not be attractive for many.

So, I think a local natter and noggin would be good but choosing venues will be difficult to keep travel within reasonable distance, say 25 miles max?

Best wishes

I agree reference distance. I will look at the map, perhaps a radius of max 25 miles from Sheffield may be OK. It will also come down to venues. See what other think.
Mick Brownhill is offline   Reply With Quote